Skip to main content
Topic: 87 cougar need help (Read 1379 times) previous topic - next topic

87 cougar need help

I wanted to know if there was any way to get the motor to sit a tad higher to clear the tranny linkage, im in the process of installing 1-5/8 shorty headers. ive already ran into a bunch of problems with them that i have fixed! Driver side has been a challenge IMO!!! Wish i could kick the old tranny linkage for like a lokar setup...

Thanks
Brian
:bowdown:

87 cougar need help

Reply #1
I got it figured out thanks!

87 cougar need help

Reply #2
What was the fix? AND, new motor mounts may be the answer as well if yours are original, or old.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

87 cougar need help

Reply #3
New motor mounts yes, This car had over 12k put into it! New everything, I took the e7 heads off and put gt40's with shorty headers. I used four washers in between the block and the mounts. I also used some washers to adjust the linkage! its got a jasper 306 stock aod with 4r70w internals, 3500 stall, auburn unit and 373 gears.

87 cougar need help

Reply #4

87 cougar need help

Reply #5

87 cougar need help

Reply #6

87 cougar need help

Reply #7
Almost done!

87 cougar need help

Reply #8
Were those FRPP GT40P shorties? I have those on my T-bird and I had to dimple the lower tube on the driver's side a little bit to clear the stock motor mount.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

87 cougar need help

Reply #9
! Nice looking car.

More pics when you get time, please.
Mike

87 cougar need help

Reply #10
Great looking engine. I thought I was looking at my old engine there for a minute.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..