Skip to main content
Topic: 1993 Cobra wheels on a Tbird pic? (Read 4378 times) previous topic - next topic

1993 Cobra wheels on a Tbird pic?

I am keeping my 86 and I want to get some new wheels. Looking at 93 Cobra wheels, does anyone have a pic of them on a Tbird?

Reply #2
Similar, but no.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
Doesn't 50tbrd88 have 93 cobra wheels?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
This is before I cut the "new" rear springs:

On Power Tour (after I cut the rear springs too much, lol):

Another one on Power Tour:

'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
Looks good!!

Reply #6
Think of these wheels:

On this car:

Reply #7
just a quick edit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
Stock '93 Cobra wheels will not work, since they have too much backspacing to work on anything but the '93 Cobra.  Aftermarket "93 Cobra" wheels made to fit every other Fox Mustang will work on the TBirds though.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #9
if those rims dont fit, then why do they seem to on this car?

Reply #10
Thanks FirstBird for the quick chop I wasn't expecting anyone to do that.

Quote from: Chuck W;399205
Stock '93 Cobra wheels will not work, since they have too much backspacing to work on anything but the '93 Cobra.  Aftermarket "93 Cobra" wheels made to fit every other Fox Mustang will work on the TBirds though.

I am looking at aftermarket wheels not original ones. I would really like the Cobra wheels on your car but not sure if I want the added expense of the 5 lug swap.

Reply #11
No problem, those wheels and a nice lowering will give your car an aggressive look in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
Found this photo from the archives:

X
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Quote from: snidet_bird;399207
if those rims dont fit, then why do they seem to on this car?

Because those are not originals, but aftermarket. And they do come in 4-lug.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #14
Mine are reproductions...I believe I got them from Americanmuscle.com.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube