Skip to main content
Topic: Why GM went bankrupt (Read 4962 times) previous topic - next topic

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #30
Tom, it's not a thing personal, and it's not the fact that you're a Chevy guy...hey, I've got a couple of Chevies...as to whether they have better engines or not..well, neither of them run, while my Fords all start. (Except the Mustang, but we'll forgive it as it's a 2.3)

If you talked about pringles chips in every post, and not the LS, it would be the same response from me: if I want pringles, I'll go get some of my own, lol.

Carry on :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #31
I really don't do forums much till now. I went to another one and started asking questions about my "86" Cougar. I had a guy who said that he like my year car and went on to help me with my problem. That's when it dawned on me that the forum was for "Classic Cougars". Nobody EVER said "go away", "you shouldn't be here",... nothing. If they did answer me it was to help and it was in a respectful manner. I REALLY wish I did own an old classic Cougar, they are very nice cars! I do have a "57" Oldsmobile that I haven't really even started to work on yet. It's my FAVORITE car and it does not even run. It needs everything!! It needs paint, chrome, window or two, wiring harness, fluids, rebuilt everything, on and on. I doubt that I would come here to ask you guy's about fixing it, not because you wouldn't know how, but because it's an OLDSMOBILE. From what I understand, this is the "Lounge", Your place to sit back, relax, and discuss whatever you feel like...but KEEP IT CLEAN! So, now you know I own an Oldsmobile (painful as that may be).(lol)

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #32
This will be my only post on this thread.

Tom, I am sorry, but you struck a nerve on one of your previous posts. You said Ford did not understand that engines are nothing but air pumps. Just a little history for you. Ford has built the best vehicles of all time. Ford may not always have the most power, however, at least their stuff will stay together. To look inside a GM engine, you will find undersized bolts and at times too few of bolts. Funny how Chevy guys all look for 4 bolt mains. If their mains had big enough bolts to begin with, they would not need 4 of them. Yes, LS engines are great. It's about time. Don't get me wrong. Ford has recently lost their way, but they are trying hard to fix it. Now, a little food for thought. Ford has been a poorly managed company from the start. Back in the day, Ford almost went under just because Henry refused to paint them anything other than black. That management has continued to present day. With poor management and lack of LS engines, Ford still manages to get by without handouts from the government. GM's problem is butt ugly cars. Ford learned you can't sell butt ugly cars when they made the Edsel, which by the way, was one of the best built cars ever.

Thunder Chicken, I am sorry to ugly up your post with this childish nonsense. I am sorry to the moderators as well. I am sure they are watching this post like a hawk.

86Cougar, I have to say bravo to your earlier post. That has to be the best post this site has ever seen.

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #33
Better tell FORD about the lack of head bolts on the 2.3 TURBO Engine CHROME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(at least their stuff will stay together)

Their is an old poem i made up in the shop for my guys that fits your post perfectly!!!

(Better not put to much HP in that 302 other wise you will have TWO!!!)

No worry's i get it.

I MADE A JOKE AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

Have to GO a coyote transplant  is waiting and in progress. Or do you disapprove of transplanting late model motors in early STANGS!!!

:hick::hick:
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #34
If their mains had big enough bolts to begin with, they would not need 4 of them.

Clearly you do not have a CLUE what this is all about. Better do some research on this before posting. By the way they use 6 bolt mains NOW!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #35
Tom how many cars do you own?  Seems like every thread you post in has pics of your vehicles.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #36
Tom, there's a problem with that Honda... It has no compression in cylinders 5,6,7 and 8 ;)

On a more serious note, once again, this is not about lsx vs windsor. It's not about Chevy 4-bolt mains VS Ford 4-bolt heads (fwiw, I believe the 4-cam modular was using 6 bolt mains back in '93). It's about me making fun of GM U-vans. Now everyone behave or I'll get one of those vans and make one if you sit in the back and the other sit in the way-back...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #37
The U vans are ugly for sure. U van stands for UGLY- Van

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #38
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;399293
Tom, there's a problem with that Honda... It has no compression in cylinders 5,6,7 and 8 ;)

On a more serious note, once again, this is not about lsx vs windsor. It's not about Chevy 4-bolt mains VS Ford 4-bolt heads (fwiw, I believe the 4-cam modular was using 6 bolt mains back in '93). It's about me making fun of GM U-vans. Now everyone behave or I'll get one of those vans and make one if you sit in the back and the other sit in the way-back...

Just had flashbacks to my childhood and riding in my Mom's '91 Dodge van.  I swear that while driving, she could reach back and slap you all the way in the backseat.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #39
Quote from: 50tbrd88;399301
Just had flashbacks to my childhood and riding in my Mom's '91 Dodge van.  I swear that while driving, she could reach back and slap you in all the way in the backseat.

:laughing: How true!!! :laughing:  Although mine was usually in 9 passenger station wagons

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #40
Quote from: 50tbrd88;399301
Just had flashbacks to my childhood and riding in my Mom's '91 Dodge van.  I swear that while driving, she could reach back and slap you in all the way in the backseat.

Haha instantly reminded of this guy, I find him hilarious!

[video=youtube;ALKd6BzmfR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKd6BzmfR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
...and there was light!

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #41
Tom, there's a problem with that Honda... It has no compression in cylinders 5,6,7 and 8

Got it it is a joke!!! You see i can take a joke. But seriously this car is beyond fast as your wildest dreams. This car is OUTRAGEOUS.

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #42
Is it faster than a speeding ticket? lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #43
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;399334
Is it faster than a speeding ticket? lol

Nope but it will put down many a 302 without even breaking a sweat.

Before and after!!! Post  your car 302. I am curious to see it???

302 last post for me on this forum. Seems like we have common interests other than cars!!! LOL!!!

Why GM went bankrupt

Reply #44
I hate even mentioning a ls, but it takes 6.2 liters to even keep up with a lowly 420 hp 5.0. I dont see ls's spinning 7000-7300 on a regular basis.Gm is behind Ford big time.
1988 Thunderbird LX  557/C6 project. UPR tube K-member, A-Arms, Strange 10 way adjustable coilovers. SN-95 spindle,brakes. Manual rack, bump steer kit.  MM castor/camber plates, Dynatech 2 1/8 swap headers. Quick 9" 35 spline Moser axles,CHE lower c arms,