Skip to main content
Topic: Looking at some wheels (Read 691 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking at some wheels

Check out these wheels. Let me know what you all think. I'm thinking about these cause I was planning on doing the trim and Interior in black. Yes the trim would be painted in a matte finish to match the wheels.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]LOOK AT 2nd POST FOR  PIC[COLOR="silver"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks
John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Looking at some wheels

Reply #1
To save a click:

Nice looking wheels, but with those grooves, the temptation is gonna be there to paint the grooves to match the car or silver or some other contrasting color, which is gonna border on committing a felony case of ricery. :)

I think with that eye popping blue, black centers and polished lips will look terrific, but maybe this wheel might not be the best match.  I hope that helps and I'm sure you'll make a great choice when the time comes.

Looking at some wheels

Reply #2
Thanks Crazy, I always have trouble posting pics from other sites. I don't like those wheels with the colored rings on the lips either. I like these because to me they would tie into the window moldings, mirrors and the rest of the matte finished parts. I had that about chrome FR500s, or any chrome wheels for that matter, but they would pretty much the only chrome on the entire car.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Looking at some wheels

Reply #3
Yeah, I can understand that.  Of course you could go with something like a black centered 10th Anniversary or FR500, with the polished lip.  If you feel that the shiny black center clashes with the rest of the trim, you could mask and shoot the centers with matte or semi-gloss clear.  The polished lips would give the car a tasteful touch of bling and would give you the ability to have polished or chrome trim elsewhere without it sticking out like a sore thumb, if that makes sense.

Looking at some wheels

Reply #4
Thanks Crazy, It does. I'll look more into those too.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]