Skip to main content
Topic: exhaust (Read 1156 times) previous topic - next topic

exhaust

Do they make exhaust kits like they do for the mustangs for the thunderbirds.  I would like to come dual out the back through the rear valence kit.

exhaust

Reply #1
the only thing specific that is made for our cars exhaust wise is a very nice set of 2.5" tail pipes from http://stinger-performance.com/

other than that its mustang stuff from the lers up.

exhaust

Reply #2
I don't know what engine you are running but I would recommend going to a good exhaust shop and having a custom exhaust made. It will be about the same price and will be a much better fit.
...and there was light!

exhaust

Reply #3
Quote from: T-BirdX3;397147
I don't know what engine you are running but I would recommend going to a good exhaust shop and having a custom exhaust made. It will be about the same price and will be a much better fit.
Except that all the bends will be garbage.

exhaust

Reply #4
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;397144
the only thing specific that is made for our cars exhaust wise is a very nice set of 2.5" tail pipes from http://stinger-performance.com/

other than that its mustang stuff from the lers up.

Thank you!!

exhaust

Reply #5
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;397156
Except that all the bends will be garbage.

Not everyone can afford a thousand dollar exhaust job, either, so we make do with out-of-the-box kits for Mustangs and go from there. :flip:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

exhaust

Reply #6
I actually run the full Stinger 3in front to back and IMHO it fits like . I was highly disappointed with it, especially beings that it was designed by a fox body guy for our specific car.  For the $700 bucks I had in my stinger parts I feel sure our local exhaust shop could have done an excellent job installing a full custom 3in exhaust, but that is just my experience. :D
...and there was light!

exhaust

Reply #7
The modifications to the Mustang kits are simple extensions.  All the mandrel bends remain intact.

exhaust

Reply #8
Yeah, If you are capable of extending the pipes I would buy the mustang exhaust and modify it. A few years back I had an exhaust shop build a custom exhaust and it was no where near as nice as an out of the box mustang exhaust. The crush bends can be pretty py. On top of that I also paid 4 times more:punchballs:

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

exhaust

Reply #9
Quote from: bryan163;397189
Yeah, If you are capable of extending the pipes I would buy the mustang exhaust and modify it. A few years back I had an exhaust shop build a custom exhaust and it was no where near as nice as an out of the box mustang exhaust. The crush bends can be pretty py. On top of that I also paid 4 times more:punchballs:

True, unless you find a shop that can do mandrel bends and has a portfolio demonstrating their competency at both fabrication and finish welding.