Skip to main content
Topic: fast back thunderbird (Read 1318 times) previous topic - next topic

fast back thunderbird

lets talk about this little jem for a while,, tom (Turbocoupe50) knows about this.

fast back thunderbird

Reply #1
I'd hit that!!
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

fast back thunderbird

Reply #2
Any other pics or angles?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

fast back thunderbird

Reply #3
That is an incredible car, it was restored a few years back in a fabulous fords magazine article. I think it ended up selling at Barrett Jackson. I believe it was called the Italien.

fast back thunderbird

Reply #4
Wow never seen that before, very cool.  That timeframe was a very good era for Ford styling, IMO.  The only other years of T-bird I would consider owning are the early to mid-60's "bullet birds".  I love the early to mid-60's Fairlanes and Comets too.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

fast back thunderbird

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;396828
lets talk about this little jem for a while

In order to "talk" about something it helps to have something more than just a single photo that has been posted across several forums and web pages..... :D

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;396839
Any other pics or angles?

A quick Google search will find you what the OP didn't take the time to put in the first post.

^These came from here.
http://www.reocities.com/tpls63/italien/italien06.html

And here is more info.

http://jalopnik.com/1963-ford-thunderbird-italien/

Personally it is far from my tastes, but that is the beauty of having so many choices! :D
...and there was light!

fast back thunderbird

Reply #6
Another one Ford shoulda built!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

fast back thunderbird

Reply #7
I like it.  I always thought the boxy roofs they put on those cars looked a little out of place.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

fast back thunderbird

Reply #9
Quote from: T-BirdX3;396847
In order to "talk" about something it helps to have something more than just a single photo that has been posted across several forums and web pages..... :D

A quick Google search will find you what the OP didn't take the time to put in the first post.

your assuming a lot

fast back thunderbird

Reply #10
Quote from: jcassity;396904
your assuming a lot

Just out of curiosity, what am I assuming? :D
...and there was light!