Skip to main content
Topic: Where to find pics of Done Up Cougars? (Read 2782 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to find pics of Done Up Cougars?

I'm trying to find some pictures of done up Cougars, specifically the '83 -'86 models.  I know there are tons of stock pics, but I want to know how nice you can make these look, not interested in the granny cars that the stockers tend to look like, although the rims usually cause this effect... :P
Anyone know of a good site?

Re: Where to find pics of Done Up Cougars?

Reply #1
coolcats.net in the user rides section or as always the cat of the months
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Here is my 1984 GS.
Ground effects, 20th anniv. Turbine rims (painted body colour), Antenna relocation.. Sparkling silver metallic and Dodge Viper GTS blue paints, and a spoiler of an late 80's/early 90's honda prelude.

..and a new header panel/grille I did last year.

Reply #3
There's the kinda pics I was lookin for......car looks wild, especially like the cowl induction hood.

Reply #4
wow I didnt even realize that it wasent stock.....
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #5
here are somemore http://www.coolcats.net/photos/  http://www.coolcats.net/cotm/9904archive.html  http://www.coolcats.net/cotm/index.html
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #6
Quote from: Maniac
There's the kinda pics I was lookin for......car looks wild, especially like the cowl induction hood.

That  cowl is long since gone.. it was hand made.. a project started by 1 WLD BRD and passed on to me to smooth out. I had it on there for a few months then the cowl part started separating from the hood so rather then spending more time on it trying to fix it, I went back to the original hood.

BTW Maniac, what part of Ontario are you from?

Reply #7
Too bad the hood didn't last.  I'm from Sault Ste Marie.

Reply #8
Ahh cool, i'm from the Niagara Falls area.

Yeah I've pretty much stopped working on that GS now.. I may be putting it up for sale in August/September time frame. I Have shifted all of my focus over to the 85 XR7 that's in my sig.

Reply #10
Here's a shot of my 83 show car.

Been building it constantly for the last 3.5 years....

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply #11
here is my personal favorite. You can spin the tires all day long as long as you have a heavy left foot.
http://www.coolcats.net/photos/index.php?ID=94
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.