Skip to main content
Topic: What lers for 2.3? (Read 1399 times) previous topic - next topic

What lers for 2.3?

Hey guys what lers will make the turbocoupe sound almost like a v8 and not rice? What setup do you have thanks guys lmk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Re: What lers for 2.3?

Reply #1
I've hears magnaflow makes good sounding lers for motors with small displacement.
If you go to their website you can listen to soundclips to give you an idea.  Go under the sport compact section (blasphemy....I know) and listen to the drive by clips for the Ford Focus and Dodge Srt-4.  Not exactly V8 thunder, but not too shabby either.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
A 4 will never sound like a V8.... even with duals.

I run a single 3" on all my 2.3T cars...

I guess if the car has duals already, alot of guys like the DynoMax Ultra-Flo's.  SuperTurbos will keep the noise down a bit.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #3
best for a turbocoupe, seeing how backpressure is the enemy,  i would say anything that isnt chambered........like Dynomax race bullets, summit glass packs, but if you wanted a nice sounding engine and maybe free up a little (not a lot but some) hp go with a Flowmaster super 40 delta flow

Reply #4
a turbo cars exhaust sounds good when all you can hear is the turbo spooling. im partial to magnaflows

Reply #5
As much as I HATE Flowmasters, Steve (cougarking) had an '87 TC with duals and Flowmasters and it sounded downright shagy at idle.  Then again, he had no cat either.

Reply #6
v8 sound= buy a v8
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
I have a friend that owns a modded 85 TC that runs nothing for lers. He has the cats still in there and 2.5 back then splits in two and goes out to truck style megaphone tips. I think it sounds good. At idle it has a small rumble when he gets it spooled up all you can hear is the hiss out the exhaust.

As for the Flowmasters I have heard many people say not to use them on a turbo car because they will kill your peformance.

Reply #8
i dont even have a catback
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
Quote from: Tbird232ci
i dont even have a catback

yeah as bane said ;)
Quote from: Bane
sounds like ur tc...with its custom free flowing exhaust :P

sound famailar?  :D