Skip to main content
Topic: Stock flat hood needed in NY..... (Read 3079 times) previous topic - next topic

Stock flat hood needed in NY.....

Reply #30
Glad you got one, Now we need to know why!!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #31
Quote from: Kitz Kat;396620
Glad you got one, Now we need to know why!!!

I can say this: after seeing Jerry's wizardry with other metal work, this hood ought to be a work of art as well lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #32
Dan, is this what you seek?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #33
Quote from: daminc;396418
is the hood rust free?
how much for the car?

It is rust free.. Looking for 800ish. Still a great car but can't do what I want with it.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #34
Quote from: daminc;396631
Dan, is this what you seek?

Well yes and no, it appears the correct small size but appears to be missing what ever would attatch it to the wheel. I dont have anything at the moment so not sure what exactly it would look like, it might possibly have a spring in there also for the horn

Reply #36
Quote from: Dansbirds;396639
Well yes and no, it appears the correct small size but appears to be missing what ever would attatch it to the wheel. I dont have anything at the moment so not sure what exactly it would look like, it might possibly have a spring in there also for the horn

let me look around... I do have the plastic part, but one tab is broken... I think I might have another one somewhere... let you know tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #37
The plastic and spring should be the same as a TC.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #38
Dan, we found you a horn button with all the locking tabs..... I will have it in my hand for you in about 10 days.
Once I have it, we can set up a day to get together..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #39
Jerry, you can get the hood whenever you need to. If you dont have the horn button then you can just drop it in the mail as I am in no rush for it

Reply #40
Speaking of the horn button, if someone has one that has all of the plastic tabs, I'd be happy to make a mold for replacements.

Reply #41
Crazy88, if you're serious, I'll send you mine. One tab has been broken off, but I superglued it back on....
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #42
if you can make those?.... what else could you replicate? what kind of plastic are we talkin about?

or is just the mold your making?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #43
I can make all kinds of small parts like these. I don't have the equipment necessary for large injection molding runs, but small parts runs on smaller pieces like these are practical.  On parts like these, which will take some amount of stress and abuse, I would probably use an angel hair reinforced epoxy resin.  The most difficult part of course, is the mold making process.

I had also seriously considered stepping up with a one piece HID headlight for '87-88 Thunderbirds and Cougars, but in order to accomplish that size of a project, I would probably need the header panels, with at least the headlight buckets intact, from both a Thunderbird and a Cougar and of course some degree of confidence that such a product would find a welcome market.

Reply #44
I could supply the cat front, How much demand is a big ??. Count me as 1. Big Question is whats going on with the hood,always a secret when vinnie is involved.lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +