Skip to main content
Topic: Relay modification Headlamp and Marker lamp *pls review (Read 6282 times) previous topic - next topic

Relay modification Headlamp and Marker lamp *pls review

Reply #60
Hey Foe, wasn't thinking about you guys with autolamps. So the 2 relay diagram in post 54 should be fine without autolamps.  I trust relays more than I trust running full current thru the headlamp and signal switch, plus if one does fail it is easy enough to pull a horn or ac relay if needed.

Reply #61
i really think you should be examining the latest drawings.
this thread is the reason why i gathered them up and put them in one spot, my diy link has them captured though so they can always be found, that and the thread was starting to get a little distracted from its original intent so i back completely out of this one and generated another thread with all the fruit gathered in one spot.
this thread was a "review only" thread.

much more accurate information is captured in the below link and its much more informative.

Relay adds to remove heat from headlamp and ignition switch
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?35095-Relay-bank-mod-COMPLETE-for-IGN-switch-Headlamp-and-Marker-lamps

Reply #62
Just a point on this. I like neatness and very little controls on my dash and car. I converted the MIDNIGHTER to DRL. Made the instrument cluster full bright and removed the headlight switch completely. I have been doing things like this for some time now. Years back i admired some cars at the shows that had simple plain dash boards and and it stuck in my head. Just something i wanted to throw out as a talking point!!

:hick::hick:
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!