Skip to main content
Topic: 5.0 dipstick and tube (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

5.0 dipstick and tube

looking for an oil dipstick and tube for a 5.0, the one I have is from an F150 and is way too long.  Thanks

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #1
Cut the dipstick down and re-mark it. If the oil is good now, proper level, then scribe a line in the newly cut down version. You can also cut the tube down easily with a Dremel.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #2
There's a Lincoln at the yard I need to get to for pieces. It has the dipstick like ours. No time to go.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #4
i had the same problem what i did is add 5 quarts exactly and then notch the stick. i cant remeber where i got the one i bought but the reading was off so i just cut a mark into it

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #6
haha yeah so would everybody

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #7
Pretty sure I have one ...I'll check and get back to you
Fox-less at the moment

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #9
I think one from a 5.0 Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car would work as they have the same oil pan.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #11
From what I have found, you are best off to start from a fresh fill and mark the dipstick. The 5.0 is notorious for not being accurate.  That goes for a 'stock' one or a replacement from something else. Typically the 5 quart mark is way up the dipstick past the hashmarks.

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #12
I do have one ... let me see how much to ship it and I'll let you know
Fox-less at the moment

5.0 dipstick and tube

Reply #14
the nice man in blue brought me a box containing a dipstick and tube today :D  Thanks Hypostang!!!!!