Skip to main content
Topic: besides cougars and tbird what other cars can you use alot of parts off of? (Read 1549 times) previous topic - next topic

besides cougars and tbird what other cars can you use alot of parts off of?

i know alot of our parts are for just our vehicles but im wondering if there any other car that you could find in a junk yard and pull parts of if anyone knows any generic list could they please post it on here.

Reply #1
Some Ford Explorers for the upgraded sun visors.

Crown Vics and other Fords for the "bugeye" dome light.

Crown Vic cop car aluminum driveshaft (shortened and balanced)....worked for the Sport

Explorers for their 5.0 engines and parts (apparently)

SN-95 Stangs for differentials and 5 lug suspension pieces

Taurus for the fan and 130 amp alternators (3.0 engine for the alternator)

Taurus (some of them) for 24# injectors)

EFI F-150 pickups for cheap E-7 heads and 19# injectors

Of course Fox Mustangs and their Mass Air, engines, and computers, and suspension parts for bigger front brakes (like the TC), H-Pipes and headers

Some crown Vics for mass Air meters and 19# injectors

Mark VIII for 24# injectors

Some SHO Taurus for their shift boot (same as ours), leather shift  for 5 speed, and Mas Air meters 9same as a Fox Stang)

SN=95 Stangs (with the 5.0) for engines and 5 speeds (you'll also need their bellhousing to use them in our car, but the Fox Stang for clutch pedal assembly)

Late 80's Lincolns (with that stupid looking short trunk lid) for Fox body metal heater tubes on the intake, throttle body cable brackets, belt tensioners

Mark VII Lincolns for their H.O 5.0 and components, 5 lug disc rear and 5 lug front suspension. H-Pipe and headers

Many different GM cars for their compass mirrors (easier to find them in GM cars than any other)

Some GM cars also have 24# injectors (look different than ours, but they will work) They also have 19# injectors in many of them

Many Explorers for transmission coolers (nice sturdy ones) and some have power steering coolers also)

Some ranger trucks have really good gears, get under them and look (like the Edge for example)

Also, some Explorers as well. My friend found a Traction Lock 3.73 rear in one for his '67 Stang (had discs as well) The rear won't work, but great 31 spline traction lock and gears.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
wow thats alot thanks alot that really helps

Reply #3
Mark VIII's have 24 pounders...

EEC's from Mark VII for a stock HO engine...some say they have a rev limiter, although I can't say if this is true or not.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
My Mark VII computer was a DA-1. No liomter that I could tell.

Yes, Mark VIII's have 24# injectors.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
The 2 Mark 7  eec's I've pulled weren't DA1's...I'd have to go look in the shop to see what the one is...I think Graham has the other one? Seems Like he ended up with the first one I got...maybe..?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
What year sho. I want a new shifter boot :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #8
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;394432
The 2 Mark 7  eec's I've pulled weren't DA1's...I'd have to go look in the shop to see what the one is...I think Graham has the other one? Seems Like he ended up with the first one I got...maybe..?

I never got one from you, the ones I have came from Vinnie and Jangus, one of which makes my car run rich

Reply #9
Quote from: thewestie;394440
What year sho. I want a new shifter boot :)

Get this one. VERY nice, soft leather. I have one in the Sport. 3 years now, and still looks great....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280412149346?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=280412149346&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

Reply #10
Thanks Vinnie it on the way. After I bought it I thought it shipped from south Hampton newhampshire witch is an hour away I think It's coming a little further than that. So when it shows I'll post a pic
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #11
Yep, theya re from England. Nice piece, and they don't take long to get here.

Reply #12
Mine....

Reply #13
Cool

Reply #14
I stole a spoiler off of a 89 Camaro. If that one instance counts lol