Skip to main content
Topic: Power Window Motors / Door Locks (Read 1230 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Window Motors / Door Locks

Finally got around to looking into why my Passenger Power WIndow doesn't work (drivers side in the US) and it appears to be something with the motor itself, can hear it making a faint click when i enguage the switch, but thats it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere online that sells the power window motor?

Also a door lock actuator, since it appears mines missing :P (explains why only 1 side works!)
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #2
My 84 has the same motors as the rear doors in a 84 town car if that helps any. The right rear from the TC is the same as the LF on the Cougar and the LR on the TC fits the pass side in the Cougar. I can verify this as I have done this on my own car.  Good luck!
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #3
Quote from: Trinom;394387
Did you check your window switch? They are usually bad after the years. Try to short propper contacts with a wire.
Yep, i was getting 12V at the plug when i triggered the switch.
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #4
That's an incorrect test. You have to test it with a load. It will read 12V even with burnt contacts in the switch, if you don't test it with a load (the window motor connected to the plug). The contacts in the plug should be accessible even with the motor connected, it's not waterproof connector.

Reply #5
Cheers for that, i'll give it another try with the motor connected.
and i'll trigger the motor with a battery directly.

better to be sure :D
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #6
if your hearing a click sound I would pull the motor.  Then the part with the gear on it pull that apart. like 3 bolts. Then once apart inspect the gear. The small gear meats up with regulator on car. There is a Bigger gear inside. The big gear and little gear are held together with  3 round hard solid plastic fillers . Those things can break and then things inside shifts and just binds up the motor. Not sure about over there but here we can buy the little plastic things, or a new gear set with those plastic and such already put together, or we can buy a re-maned window motor.  So if the switch  checks out tell you to check that. I will say when I sold auto parts most of the time it was those little plastic piece got old and broke.

hope that helps
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #7
I bought a new motor for my driver door...took apart old motor apart and then fixed passenger door myself! yes and on both (1987)t-bird and mustang cars it was both the plastic round "barrel" looking things under the gears. I probably should not have but I put metal in place of them. Now I need a new console window switch! lol