Skip to main content
Topic: 2500 bucks??? (Read 1443 times) previous topic - next topic

2500 bucks???

Here is a set of inner fender wells for a customers car. At 2500 bucks they dont do much for me. Hay but who am i to judge. By the way the CYOTE project is going to start in the next 2 weeks. I have the subframe and towers dun and i got the engine last Wednesday. If you guys like i will post the build. Thanks

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

2500 bucks???

Reply #1
Wow that is crazy.

2500 bucks???

Reply #2
That is a lot more than I would spend on inner fender wells, wow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

2500 bucks???

Reply #3
Tom screw the inner fenders, is that a blown LS motor in the rear of that picture??
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

2500 bucks???

Reply #4
Who would've of thought about making Carbon Fiber inner fenders......Huh
I would like to see pics of that Coyote build.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

2500 bucks???

Reply #5
Yep, post up pics on this Coyote build.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

2500 bucks???

Reply #6
I've seen so many GM owners that removed the inner fenders because of...what, weight?...that look like total trash under the hood.
At least this saves weight while looking cool.
Might be expensive but that's what separates the doers from the complainers. ;)

2500 bucks???

Reply #7
True that^

I've got a pic of a blown LS engine..let me dig it up or find the link, one..

'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

2500 bucks???

Reply #8
Quote from: MechanicMatt;394414
Tom screw the inner fenders, is that a blown LS motor in the rear of that picture??

Yes that is a BLOWN LS MOTOR with a T 60-60 tranny. The COYOTE build will start in app 2 weeks and i will post the build. Thanks
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

2500 bucks???

Reply #9
Quote from: EricCoolCats;394428
I've seen so many GM owners that removed the inner fenders because of...what, weight?...that look like total trash under the hood.
At least this saves weight while looking cool.
Might be expensive but that's what separates the doers from the complainers. ;)

I just don't get it. Plastic doesn't weigh that much. Seems like there would be a better place to save on weight.

2500 bucks???

Reply #10
Quote from: TOM Renzo;394434
Yes that is a BLOWN LS MOTOR with a T 60-60 tranny. The COYOTE build will start in app 2 weeks and i will post the build. Thanks

Looking forward to seeing this build Tom. Thanks in advance for posting it.

2500 bucks???

Reply #11
That coyote motor is something totally out of this world. It is still in the trailer hope to get it unboxed and send you some photos. The guy building this car has MUCHO BUCKS and that is an attention GETTER!!! Thanks

2500 bucks???

Reply #12
Quote from: Chrome;394444
I just don't get it. Plastic doesn't weigh that much. Seems like there would be a better place to save on weight.

They're steel, OEM. And not terribly heavy, but rather large and bulky.

2500 bucks???

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats;394451
They're steel, OEM. And not terribly heavy, but rather large and bulky.

Depends upon the car. I guess if they are for the car in the background they would be steel. I just think putting carbon fiber in the wheel wells is taking weight savings a little far. I would assume weight savings is the purpose behind them. Wheel wells are not a place for being pretty.

2500 bucks???

Reply #14
Chrome the guy just bought a Carbon Fiber cowl and hood. I cant wait to see what that cost??? Actually the Carbon Fiber stuff is real cool but a little out of my range for cost. I would rather use the bucks somewhere else. Thanks