Skip to main content
Topic: sick88tbird (Read 1381 times) previous topic - next topic

sick88tbird

Since you insist on carrying this on, have at it, without ruining someone else thread.

Quote from: Sick88Tbird;394328
I guess you telling me that I didn't fix a car by replacing the ECM with the proper unit(because according to you, who wasn't there, it had a vacuum leak that magically went away with the proper ECM), you posting incorrect information about batch fire/sequential injection(and then arguing it) and you refusing to carry on this conversation privately makes ME the prick.  Welcome to the problem with society, it's always somebody else's fault.

We don't need to make a new thread(for an arguement) and we don't have to hold anything back, but we also need to not have this conversation in a public forum...there is no call for it.  If you're closed off to the opportunity to learn something new, especially in the automotive field, I feel sorry for you...how can someone be so certain of these technical aspects with no experiences of their own.  If I go read a book on quantum physics tonight, it doesn't mean I belong teaching the masses about it.  There is always someone out there who knows more than you and I don't mean you specifically, but all of us.  No matter how much knowledge any of us has, there is somebody out there with more...if you're closed off to learning from those people because you have too much pride in the fact that you think you know it all, then you'll never be able to better yourself.

If you respond with more mud-slinging and name calling it will only show your level of immaturity.  I've only responded here because you reverted to childish name-calling instead of using intellect and reason to try and explain your side....if you respond in kind again, I'll respond back...but I strongly suggest you respond via PM.  Unless you simply enjoy making a public spectacle of yourself....I've said it more times than I care to remember, this conversation needs to be carried on privately...you can call me whatever you want via PM without risk of "looking bad" if and when proven wrong.

-Don

I still stand by my assesment. For the information that I had, it sounded like your map sensor wasn't functioning. If it was a bad ground or ecu problem, you would have gotten codes for about every sensor, if the car could even run. A lot of sd h.o. computer say taurus 3.0 on them.

Even still, I said it was probably just a bad vacuum line, I didn't say you didn't fix it.

On the whole batch fire/sefi thing, who gives a flying ? I don't see how it even matters. There isn't a performance gain, and I doubt there would be any differance in gas mileage.

Now as far as me havng no experiance trouble shooting or working on cars, it obvious you don't know anything about me. I have basically only driven bird/cats since I was 16. I have solved no starts, replaced sensors, replaced engines and transmissions, even slightly modified them. Its no harder to do an h.o. swap then it is to pull and replace an engine or re-do your timing chain.

I assembled a 302 several years ago. I used all new parts, except for heads and intake. It ran fine. Turns out the trans was bad, and it cost more to replace the trans then buy a new car. So out with the new motor, bought a new car for $50 less then a junk yard tranny.

I don't have any problem keeping a car on the road, or helping others when I can. I also like to show people how they can learn how to fix things, so you don't have to answer every question for them. That is why I post links to GOOD information. I put about 80k on my last car in 2 years. I beat the  out of it, threw a u-joint,lost my tv cable, ran over some curbs, totalled the front end, and still made over 400 miles a day, 5days a week, for 2 years.

I've worked with mechanics, trouble shot other people vehicles and done some wrench time. I helped adapt a 2.3 turbo coupe harness and motor with a cosworth head and upgraded turbo to a fast efi system, and helped build the trans adaptar plate for the sand rail it sat in. I've helped countless people on the side of the road get home, freinds, family, and complete strangers.

I don't consider myself to be an expert on anything car related. I don't pretend to be either. If someone else is having a problem that I think I can help them on, then I go out of my way to try to do so. I don't offer advise that I don't believe to be true, or know nothing about. I don't offer drag racing tips, I don't talk about stand alone computer tuning, I don't even talk about upgrading injectors. I simply see what other people have done, things I have done, and offer my experiances.

I don't see how telling someone to run codes is steering them in the wrong direction. Or implying that a ballance test will help you id a bad fuel injector would be either.

I have learned from other peoples mistakes, although not in person. I have read books. I may not be a quantum physics major, but I can quote the book and take something away from it. I think your the ONLY person to ever have a problem with my troubleshooting advise.

As far as buying things on the forum goes, I bought many things under the old site. I had mostly good experiances, but some bad. Because of this, I choose to not buy things online unless I really know and trust the sellera before we had a feedback system, I bought things off of vinne, kitkats, and a couple other people. I have sold parts to other people, including v8demon and damiac. That's my trunk lid on his black car.

I remember reading and watching you do your 5.8 swap using a truck lower, bcbronco's adaptar and a ported h.o. upper. I would have spent some more coin and went with a different intake, but I would have built a car very similar to how you did, and admired your ride. I have no bad blood with you, and am not sure why you do with me.

If anyone has something they want to say about me, go right ahead. If I am bother people by asking them what codes they pulled, then I'll keep to myself from now on.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

sick88tbird

Reply #1
I've got no axe to grind with either of yuo..in fact, I feel that both of you guys are assets to the board.

So why going public with this apparently-in-PM thing? Weird...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

sick88tbird

Reply #2
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;394378
I've got no axe to grind with either of yuo..in fact, I feel that both of you guys are assets to the board.

So why going public with this apparently-in-PM thing? Weird...

Agreed, it started in another thread and he refuses to carry the conversation on via PM. 

Haystack,
I'm not the one who wants to drag this on and "ruin" somebody else's thread...I must have told/asked you AT LEAST 6 times to PM me if you wanted to keep this going.  If you spent this much time and energy into looking for a job or putting in the effort when you do have a job, you'd probably have a job right now.

The batchfire vs. sequential issue has everything to do with everything but now you want to down play it because you got busted on it, arguing something you don't know about.  In Chrome's thread I stated a similar sounding scenario and described in very short detail that it ended up having the wrong computer in it.  I was using my experiences as an example to not overlook anything, in some situations, the least likely cause ends up being the whole problem.  But, you had to put your 2 cents in and diagnose the 11yr old already solved problem...telling me it wasn't a computer because they all said "taurus/sable" on them and were known for using the same computers...when what I was looking at was the 3-digit code, I'm well aware that some of the stickers on the ECM connector say taurus/sable.  Instead, you insisted that the MAP was bad or it had a vac leak, I'm sorry, didn't know you were working over my shoulder during that.  Then you said the wrong computer wouldn't have made it run that bad because they were batchfire anyway and back-peddled saying it was probably a bad ground pin.  Since I called you on the batch fire/sequential injection you want to pretend like it has nothing to do with anything.  Who said pulling codes or injector balance tests was turning someone in the wrong direction?  Not me, you're pulling things out of thin air now.

The only reason I jumped on you is because you were such a pompous ass about it while giving bad/wrong info...I wasn't looking for your backyard, shade tree, read it in a book somewhere advice about my situation...that I resolved 11yrs ago...I was simply giving an example.  I carry more ASE certs than you could dream of and have more training and personal experience then you can imagine...diagnosing and repairing all sorts of cars, trucks, etc is what I do for a living and I make a  good living doing it.  When somebody actually KNOWS what they're talking about...it's extremely frustrating to have a noob(in reference to actual work experience) try to shoot down something like that...are you kidding?  That's what you do now, Captain Know It All....read some things online, jumble them all together, combine that with your experience of passing wrenches to your "mechanic" buddies and now you're the god of all that is automotive.  Get real dude.  Sorry I had to put you in your place so rudely, but you had it coming to you.  There is no sense in arguing with you since all you do is take what I said in the other thread and regurgitate it here like it was your own. 

Don't talk to me about ruining someone elses thread, I asked you repeatedly to PM me if you wanted to continue on about this and you simply continued to muddy up Chrome's thread.  Again I still haven't figured out how not wanting to muck up somebody elses thread and asking you to continue this conversation privately makes ME the prick.  I guess you have nothing better to do now then make a public spectacle(read: ass) out of yourself.

Do you realize how terrible this looks to new members or potential members?  They see this and think "to hell with this, all these guys do is fight".  Growing the forum is always the goal, not tearing it down.

Mods please lock or delete this thread...if anybody on the site has a problem with anything I've said, they can PM me and I will gladly respond.

Thanks,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

sick88tbird

Reply #3
granted i'm not a long-time member or can offer a whole lot of knowledge.. but i don't like this... and i don't like when people treat me as if i'm a 2 year old.. 302

sick88tbird

Reply #4
I don't know what's bothering you so personally, but get over it.

I don't like being talked down on someone just a few years older then I am like I am a two year old.

My *mechanic* buddies, several are ase certified. One is a certified deisel mechanic, one is taking classes and one owned his own hotrod shop and trans rebuilding shop. The other one just took some classes and worked at fedex/watkins as a trailer mechanic, but really knows his big rigs.

So you as what, a 17 year old kid swapping a taurus computer into a mustang 11 years ago makes you smarter then me, when I just mentioned that it *probably* was just a vac leak? I'm pretty impressed so far. Really shows you know what your talking about. So back in 2000, how were you decoding the eec codes for the computer to verify the computer came from a taurus?

Most of my freinds that are/have taken ase classes are almost retarted. They don't really know anything, hardly ever work on *any* car, then feel they know everything. Most of them failed to start their project "rebuilt" engine and trans, still passed with honors.

One guy my dad flys model airplanes with, about 20 year mechanic. He came over to help my dad with his van when he couldn't get it to start. Had my dad throw in a new battery, new starter, and was telling him his ecm was fried. I came over just as they were giving up on it. His ground cable from battery to block snagged on something and was cut. I hooked the jumper cables from battery to ac bracket and it fired right up. Its not the knowledge you have, its what you do with it.

And id do have a job, right now I have three part time jobs. Enough to pay my personal bills and debts. I don't consider myself to be employed with out full time steady permenent work. And btw, this is the first time I've been without a job since I was 17. I supported my own family for over 5 years, and worked for two to keep my dad and 5 siblings in a house when my dad had a hard time making it.

As a 19 year old kid I was bringing home over $1000/week, and as a lineman, I averaged between $4-7k take home a month untill I was 22. I quit my job to spend more time with my family, and actually spend time and interact with my kids.

I'm not here to brag about how much I have worked on any car, I'm not here to brag about how much I worked on someone elses car. I post information relevent to other people problems, and links if they have more questions teach a man to fish, you know?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

sick88tbird

Reply #5
:popcorn::popcorn:  IBTL
Fox-less at the moment

sick88tbird

Reply #6
Are these threads really necessary?  Personally, I get sick of seeing them.
Mike