Skip to main content
Topic: REVENGE!! MM&FF wants another TBird/Cougar Shootout!! (Read 3207 times) previous topic - next topic

REVENGE!! MM&FF wants another TBird/Cougar Shootout!!

New issue came in yesterday and the letter of the month was from Ron DeWitt asking for a 83-88 TBird/Cougar vs. 89-97 TBird/Cougar Shootout, and MM&FF said send in the applications! This is open to ALL engines so any 83-88 TBird or Cougar can enter. I highly suggest anybody with a remotely fast (13sec or quicker) car to email the shootout editor at steve.baur@primedia.com !!! Eric, bring the vert anyway, it's a shoe-in for a feature.

Michael Pinto
http://www.aerobirdmotorsports.com

Re: REVENGE!! MM&FF wants another TBird/Cougar Shootout!!

Reply #1
Eric, bring the vert anyway, it's a shoe-in for a feature.

LMFAO!! As if you were reading my mind. Er, wait a minute...are you saying my car is slow? ;)

Reply #2
Where would the shootout be held, or is this TBD?

Reply #3
NJ. Englishtown I think. And Eric, your car isn't slow, I'm just saying that if nothing but 8 sec tube chassis ex-pro stock birds show up, you will still get in the magazine ;)

Reply #4
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
NJ. Englishtown I think. And Eric, your car isn't slow, I'm just saying that if nothing but 8 sec tube chassis ex-pro stock birds show up, you will still get in the magazine ;)

Maybe as a blur in the background! LOL! My car ain't the quickest but she shor am pretty. ;)

Reply #5
man, that would be sweet. I haven't picked up an MM&FF in a bit. Come one guys, show those stang guys what the birds can do!

edit: and yah, Eric better go, that droptop is just too nice NOT to make it in.    :bowdown:

Reply #6
We will kick the MN12's asses! Right guys? :giggle:

James :D

Reply #7
Haha, yeah, I wish I got my cougar together.  I never expected them to go for that shootout, so I haven't been working on it as much as I should. :(

Bought a huge Air compressor and paint gun this weekend so I can now sandblast the engine bay and paint it.  There is still some time left, so you never know, I may get it done by then yet.

Reply #8
intrestion to say the least

Reply #9
Man, my car is almost respectable now - I'd like to do that if possible ... I wonder when it might happen?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #10
i should get my brother to go he's got a 94 sc . and it's not far from us. is this a day the track is gonna be closed for this only or open to the public
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #11
They'll likely only take good looking(rust buckets, primer or peeling paint don't sell magazines), hard running cars.. If you can't run at least LOW 13s in 90* plus heat, there ain't much chance you'll get your car in the mag.

It will be a closed track, not open for the general public, and you'll have to keep your times secret till the mag hits the news stands. If you go blabbibg about how your or the others ran and they find out, the article will NEVER be published. To partite, you'll have to preregister and they will(maybe) send you a invite...

Reply #12
Man if some of you guys go you'd better take some serious heat with you.  I'd say there are some pretty fast Supercoupes out there.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #13
So does that mean that I could take my 86 & 89sc ? I don't know, thats a long ass way to drive not to mention what a tow bill would be if I broke something out there.
(Don't have a truck)
1986 bird, 306, Dart heads, 550 lift cam, exp. intake, 50lbs injectors, 76mm C&L MAF, Procharger D1R blower 14lbs, 3 core intercooler, 55shot ZEX N20, tremec 5speed, 3.73 gears, auburn pro posi,headman full length headers, 3" exhaust
custom chip by 5.8FastCat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1955 bird 351w, AFR 185 Heads, 580 lift cam, D1R  Procharger 10lbs tremec 5speed, 3.92 Gears

2007 Hayabusa, R-22 pipes, K&N,  Power Commander
192hp

"Imports are like tampons, every p@$$y has one"

Reply #14
I'd love to see this happen. But I am a realist...even if we all followed what Tom said, I'd think chances would be slim that this article would ever see print. I also find it highly disturbing that this same magazine would devote several pages, several different times, to the "luxo-barge" shootouts with Crown Vics, Marauders and Town Cars, but has a bias against our cars--the slightly larger cousins of the "almighty" Mustang itself! Why? Because our cars are a little too normal...magazines want something so ridiculous that it's print-worthy. To say that MM&FF is seething with attitude would be a large understatement. If it ain't a Mustang (or totally off the wall), it ain't gonna happen with that mag. I dare say 5.0 Magazine, for all its belated reporting, is slightly better than MM&FF now.

*sigh* What I wouldn't give to have Super Ford magazine back. They ALWAYS gave props to us.