Skip to main content
Topic: OK how about this (Read 2631 times) previous topic - next topic

OK how about this

Reply #30
Well, I despise them also.  I'm not however going to (over)compensate by driving a gas-guzzling, smoke belching monster.

I'd also drive a VW bus before I'd drive a Prius.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

OK how about this

Reply #31
I agree. I agree with everything said in here. But Chuck, you'd have to grow your hair to properly rock a VeeDub camper...and get a bit ole peace sign tattoo...jus' sayin' lol

Has there been a study done to see whether from creation to the end of a vehicle's lifestyle, also counting fuel costs per, which is less harmful on the environment in the end?

This counts recycling and stuff as well. I mean, how many Prius owners are gonna go to the junkyard to find a bumper or steering wheel center?

I could go on, but all the points have been made already...a properly tuned and maintained V8 Fox Tbird for instance will not put a terrible amount of hydrocarbons. How much does that coal fired power plant produce? Nuclear waste doesn't go away very ed fast either.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

OK how about this

Reply #32
until you create a program funded by the tax payers at a cost of 24K each to pull "clunkers" off the road and stuff people that otherwise couldn't afford a loan for a new car, into a new car (many of which have defaulted). All the while destroying the traded in "clunker" robbing it from many of it's useful parts for those of us who wish to maintain our "clunkers".
or how about the, what was it, 250K per unit POS Volt funded by the tax payers. It's a gaffe. All of it.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

OK how about this

Reply #33
I guarantee that of the cars made this year, there will be more "normal" cars still on the road in 20 years than there are Prius, etc.  How many Prius owners know how to properly maintain a vehicle?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube