Skip to main content
Topic: OK how about this (Read 2632 times) previous topic - next topic

OK how about this

Reply #15
Can someone explain the animosity towards hybrids and such?  I don't get it.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK how about this

Reply #16
Quote from: t3skidoo;394307

For me it's the holier than though hippie liberal flakes that drive them. I'm betting you don't see them down in Texas like you do in say, Cambridge. Nothing at all wrong with a fuel efficient car imho.

nsfw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

OK how about this

Reply #17
Quote from: shame302;394325
nsfw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ

haha... I'd have called the cops. Let somebody above my pay grade deal w/the "lady" from the Prius :-)
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

OK how about this

Reply #18
Are you kidding me!!!! Does she not know that her shiznit box PRIUS uses more energy to make discard and run than a HUMMER. WOW those two people have real control. I dont know if i would have held my composure. One day JR had the Mustang idling in a perking lot waiting for his girl friend. Some guy bent down on the passenger side with his hand on the roof and told JR he was polluting his air. Well JR politely said his car is federally and state emission clean tested  and certified for the state. Hhe explained this to the HIPPIE. With that he explained to the HIPPIE if he did not get his FUC$%^ hands of the paint he would be getting his teeth KICKED IN. Now JR has a very short fuse and works out every morning. Not bragging but the kid is a powerhouse. Needless to say he is not one to be a candidate to go to jail. But one never knows.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

OK how about this

Reply #19
Quote from: t3skidoo;394307

Well for what it is worth . These HYBRIDS and electric cars are a FARCE. They actually pollute more than a conventional car or for that matter a truck. If you take in to consideration the amount of energy it costs to build make and disgard one they use more enfrgy than a HUMMER> WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If yiu ever have seen a PRIUS in a very Very minor accident you would know what a piece of garbage they are. Every weld in the car pops and by the way if their are any FIRE FIGHTERS out their explain to the audience how you guys need special training and equipment and  foam  for these oversize GOLF CARTS they call cars!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

OK how about this

Reply #20
LOL, Yes. I at one point posted this on a lib. friends fb after a similar/typical hippie lib. rant and his head just about exploded. Pay special close attention to the Raptor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxQIHoTmxs

~John~

OK how about this

Reply #21
The main idea against hybrids is this: diminishing returns.  Emissions aren't really any lower when you go back far enough, you're just moving the point of emission from the tail pipe on the car to exhaust vents at the (usually) coal fired power plant.  In the mean time, China controls most of the worlds supply of rare earth minerals (such as neodymium) so the cost of producing a powerful enough motor that's acceptably efficient is stupid high(compromise).  After that, puppiesan (or puppiesanese owned corporations) controls most of the worlds advanced battery technology and it's expensive to license (and even more expensive to innovate new tech).  Additionally, high voltage batteries mean high voltage cables running throughout the vehicle, and by high, I mean 240 to 370 volts depending on the car.  HV cables pose a significant danger to firefighters who may need to extract a person from the mangled mess of their engineering compromise (less weight, greater efficiency; less weight, weaker structure) and then there's the greater fire hazard of the battery chemistry involved.  I could keep going, but you get the point.  Electric cars are coming and they're going to take over, but it won't be soon.  The tech just isn't there to make it practical.  Neither in cost or in operation.  And I still like my V8.  A lot.

OK how about this

Reply #22
You know On other forums there are like buttons.  I wished we had one on here Id have liked the $hit out of that RAPTOR's post.  6.2 liters of @$$ kicking power that cleans the air as you drive it!!!!!!  On another note, if that fat lady had used that language in front of my daughters with my wife standing near by................ Id have had to bail my wife out of jail.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

OK how about this

Reply #23
I can't believe how well those parents handled that lady, I would have promptly told her where and/or how hard to go &%$# herself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

OK how about this

Reply #24
If she were bitching at me like that it would've taken all I had to keep my cool. I defenately would've been red lining the truck to make that much more polution for her to suck on!

OK how about this

Reply #25
Someone needs to tell the holier-than-thou Prius lady about the environmental impacts of nickel mining.  Over the lifetime of a Prius (from manufacture to junkyard/recycling), it pollutes the environment just as much as any gas guzzler SUV.  It supposedly cost a bunch more to recycle the parts and pieces of a Prius than a regular car.

'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

OK how about this

Reply #26
Well, the "Screw the environment and fuel economy" types are just as annoying.  Just sayin'.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

OK how about this

Reply #27
Quote from: Chuck W;394551
Well, the "Screw the environment and fuel economy" types are just as annoying.  Just sayin'.

I agree, but people need to be more informed before they act as that lady did.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

OK how about this

Reply #28
Quote from: Chuck W;394551
I can certainly agree with this as well.

~John~

OK how about this

Reply #29
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;394518
The main idea against hybrids is this: diminishing returns.  Emissions aren't really any lower when you go back far enough, you're just moving the point of emission from the tail pipe on the car to exhaust vents at the (usually) coal fired power plant.  In the mean time, China controls most of the worlds supply of rare earth minerals (such as neodymium) so the cost of producing a powerful enough motor that's acceptably efficient is stupid high(compromise).  After that, puppiesan (or puppiesanese owned corporations) controls most of the worlds advanced battery technology and it's expensive to license (and even more expensive to innovate new tech).  Additionally, high voltage batteries mean high voltage cables running throughout the vehicle, and by high, I mean 240 to 370 volts depending on the car.  HV cables pose a significant danger to firefighters who may need to extract a person from the mangled mess of their engineering compromise (less weight, greater efficiency; less weight, weaker structure) and then there's the greater fire hazard of the battery chemistry involved.  I could keep going, but you get the point.  Electric cars are coming and they're going to take over, but it won't be soon.  The tech just isn't there to make it practical.  Neither in cost or in operation.  And I still like my V8.  A lot.

Cutting through the BS. They suck they are UGLY and they are for HIPPIES and tree huggers. In the hippie days the VW bus was in. YUCK WHAT A PIECE OF !!!