Skip to main content
Topic: .... (Read 1476 times) previous topic - next topic

Had a buddy install the SilverFox VB and OD servo I had as I just don't have the time......Car no longer has 4th.....

Best guess is either the servo itself is stuck in the plunge or the 3-4 shift valve in the VB.  I'm guessing the VB as it doesn't go into neutral when you let off at highway speed.  It just stays in 3rd....

Had to figure SOMETHING was gonna happen with parts sitting around for 2 and a half years.

I did take note of something.  The spring with the new servo is MUCH shorter than the old one.  Like 5/8"....  Could this be an issue?  Already posted this info on ClickClickRacing, but the traffic there is slow as of late...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
I was following that thread over there.  I am considering the SF valvebody.  Would you recommend it, or just think its from sitting so long?

I am on the fence with his products.
Mike

Reply #2
I'll reserve judgement until tomorrow afternoon.  I don't think it's a major issue though.  Even if it is the OD band (maybe a 1% chance), a rebuild kit aint that much....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
Are some of his designed to have an electronic OD engagement with a button you install? I'm sure you know what you're buying/bought, but I might as well ask anyway right? :P
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #4
That's the kit with the OD lockout solenoid...

I do not have that one.....

I have the SPT-1

Reply #5
Quote from: V8Demon;393501
Even if it is the OD band (maybe a 1% chance), a rebuild kit aint that much....

True, .....    but its that whole knowledge thing Im lacking on a AOD system. LOL
Mike

Reply #6
I was leery about doing this myself due to the servo.  In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't.  The more I find out -- such as the possibility of the retaining clip on the BACKSIDE of the OD band falling off is a possibility -- the more I think I may just have the tranny pulled and freshened up.

Had I just swapped the VB I'd have done it myself in the driveway.

Reply #7
I do believe the tranny came out today....  Had to watch the kids so I can not be sure.  That retaining clip DID come off. 

I'm at my end.  Once it's back together it's up for sale.  I'll post it here first.

Reply #8
Quote from: V8Demon;393855

I'm at my end.  Once it's back together it's up for sale.  I'll post it here first.

Whatever.....:bs:
Mike

Reply #9
Quote from: mcb82gt;393863
Whatever.....:bs:

$4500 takes it.