Skip to main content
Topic: Input on wheels (Read 2919 times) previous topic - next topic

Input on wheels

Yay or nay??  This is my car.  Robbed the wheels from the wife's stang'vert.  They are wrapped in 225/60-15 BFG RTA's.

1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Input on wheels

Reply #1
I'm gonna have to say "Nay" to them. They just don't look right on the Bird. You can get away with a lot more things on a Stang than a Bird or Cougar. They also look kind of y. Give them back to the Mustang.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Input on wheels

Reply #2
Also nay.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Input on wheels

Reply #3
nay.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Input on wheels

Reply #4
Not sure. They remind me of the old Shelby racing wheels.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Input on wheels

Reply #5
haha find me some wheel choices dan and i might trade you for my Rs
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Input on wheels

Reply #6
nah. Don't think it works. Interesting you're running stock size BFG RT/A's on them... you could be of some help to this thread:

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?33888-Tires
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Input on wheels

Reply #7
Nay

Input on wheels

Reply #8
IMHO....on fox tbird/cougars....if you are going to sport aftermarket wheels....got to be at least 16".  The just fill the wheel opening better.  I really like 17" also.  I haven't seen too many 18" on our cars so no opinion as of now.

If that is all you have then go for it....if you have other bigger options then I will say "nay".

Travis

Input on wheels

Reply #9
off set way wrong for that car Nay

Input on wheels

Reply #10
I agree with what everyone has said so far....but they are better than the nasty ten holers that it had.  Not sure what direction I'll end up going.  Before I drop some coin on wheels I may go five bolt then get 17" hoops. Also working on a set of SN-95 springs to drop it a bit.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Input on wheels

Reply #11
Nope.

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Input on wheels

Reply #12
I don't think they look too bad, but that's my opinion..

Input on wheels

Reply #13
Nay.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Input on wheels

Reply #14
Honestly, its not the rim style that bothers me, its more the rim and tire size/proportion that looks off........

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler