Skip to main content

Poll

Who's gonna take it?

Total Members Voted: 28

Topic: Election Day: Who's gonna take it all? (Read 4900 times) previous topic - next topic

Election Day: Who's gonna take it all?

I wouldn't even think of asking this question in a less-civilized board, but I think we can handle it here. We're all mature adults and get along remarkably well. That being said, if this thread gets out of hand with name-calling and whatnot I'll weild my mighty admin stick and smite it out of existence faster than you can collectively blink. Be civil, folks - 'tis all I ask.

At the risk of polarizing just about everybody, who do ya think is gonna take the election?

The question is not necessarily who are you gonna vote for, nor who you think SHOULD win, but who you think WILL win and why.

I think Kerry's gonna take it due to the activist vote. Not saying that everyone who votes for Kerry is an activist, but what I'm saying is that people who vote Kerry are looking for change or are pissed off at something, and people who are looking for change or are pissed off at something (in short, people with strong feelings) are more likely to get out and vote. Myself, I'm Canadian, so I don't really get to vote.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: Election Day: Who's gonna take it all?

Reply #1
Can't say yet who I think will win, with all the chances of vote tampering with these Diebold (a company firmly in Bush's pocket) machines counting votes down here. But this time I voted my conscience, and gave a big up-yours to both major parties. (voted Libertarian Party)

If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Kerry.. simply because I hate the Bush family so much. I'd love to see them all locked up.

And on that note, my ride is here to go get the other T-bird. Have fun.

Reply #2
i second bird351 the bush family are all  :asshole:s  and G dubya is just a puppet of daddy.I dont want another puppet government.

Reply #3
Bush. Anyone who says Kerry "misunderestimates" the redneck/hick/cowboy wannabe/NRA factor in America.  :flame:  There's ALOT of them!  :yuck:  (i'm looking at you jkirchman!)

:giggle:  I kid, I kid. But yea, Bush.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #4
Kerry, final answer.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #5
bush all the way.  with kerry in, i think america will be done.  not economically, but by getting the shiznit knock out of us by all the bombs from other countries sence, kerry will disarm our military.

Reply #6
can anyone please please please please tell me why i should have voted for bush?  I have not found a single person out there who seems to be able to introduce a reason without the blemish of Iraq in thier first take off sentence,,only to close with more and more about that mess.

However,,, if you need someone who can only manage 1 thing,,he is the man but a multitasker he is not.

we , our elderly and our kids deserve a ******LEADER**** , not tunnel vision single subject project manager.

No one's gonna take guns from america so cram that up your ,opps sorry.  but you might wanna give me a reason other than iraq. 

Dont give me the "pro-life" thing either cause bush got elected with some exceptions to the pro-life but wrote up these exceptions in a manner that makes them pretty unusable. Pretty much cheated those votes.

I DARE ANYONE TO COME UP WITH ONE REASON OTHER THAN IRAQ. :nono:  :dunno:  :macgun:  :flip:

Reply #7
If you are a baby killer, queer/lesbian, liberal hippy, or want to see unemployment rise and raise taxes so small business go bankrupt then vote Kerry....

Bush stands for patriotism, pro-life, and has brought down the unemployment rate 5.6% from what Clinton had up around 6%, jobs have been lost for manufactures to over seas do to the fact that the union has such high demands for someone to sit on an assembly line and paint a dot on an object to make $25+ which unions are 90% democratic, so blame your fellow democrats for job loss and ask Kerry's wife why her Heinz Company is in Europe and not in the States, the simple answer is that she can not compete with the difference in wages being demanded.

Reply #8
Quote from: Dookie86
If you are a baby killer, queer/lesbian, liberal hippy...

Bush stands for patriotism...

Whoa whoa whoa, what's with the labels? No political issue is ever that polarized, period. Don't buy into the media hype and propoganda. What bothers me is that I hear people spew out garbage on a daily basis, on both sides, that are false caricatures of the other candidate/political party.

Bottom line, to keep this debate civlized let's get some non-biased (aka not Fox News) references.

For example:

Quote from: Dookie86
kerry will disarm our military.

Whaaaaaaaaat??  :dunno:

Obviously not a personal attack on you Dook, we all know you're an a-ok guy.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #9
Let's keep the political rhetoric and opposition bashing to ourselves, eh? Or take it to a board that's better suited to name calling, labelling, etc. I asked who you thought would win, I didn't ask for your political leanings. I didn't ask who you think should win, I asked who you think will win. put the politics aside, it's too late for that anyway. All I want is for you all to get out your crystal balls and predict the outcome. It's too late to try to influence it.

FWIW, if I could vote I don't know who I'd vote for. Neither major candidate floats my boat and Nader is too anti-car. In this way Canadian and American politics are very similar. Don't matter what the parties are called, either one will screw you when it's all over.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I dont really like Kerry or Bush. I think that Bush will win, But I would rather Kerry. I really dont understand why we are in Iraq. I dont know alot about Kerry, But I dont support the war, and neither does anyone else that I know. Im not a tree hugger, But I see no reason for us to be liberating Them.(sorry jcassity, this wasen't ment to piss you off) 

When it comes to the economy, I am personally no better off then 4 years ago. I know that part of this was because of 9/11, and I know that it isnt fair to blame this on Bush. But the economy was on a downward drop way before 9/11.It also dosent make me feel any better the Bush hasent vetoed a single bill.

The main reason that I personally stick up for Kerry, is because he stands up for the little guy. I think he knows alittle better what the worth of a human life is.

Bush also has spent more time on vacation then any other president in history.  Bush had a report on his desk for 9 months before 9/11. It included bomb threats at the World Trade Center including the date and time. Bush never even read it. 6 of the 9 months that that report sat at his desk, he wasent even there. That dosent make me fell any better.

1100+ people have died in a war that I dont approve of , support, or understand. Bush has been trying to take out Saddam since his first day in power(this isnt made up, I saw it on a special on pbs). And I think he used the American people's anger, and misfortine for his own personal gain. If this war goes on for 4 more years, Bush will have killed almost as many solders as the terrorists killed civilians. That number dosent even bother Bush. He just says over and over again that we are winning, and the Iraqis are glad that we are there. The trush is, they cannot walk the streets at night(which they could before) and they have lost their jobs and family.

I defined a terrorist in a paper at school right after 9/11. Looking through the key qualities of a terrorist, Bush made almost every single one. I dont care who is in power. But it would make me feel alittle better if it wasent Bush. I may be wrong, but at least I have an opinion. And it really dosent matter what I think anyways. I am not 18 and cannot vote.

Maybe I am just trying to be diffrent in a state of rich Republicans. I am the only one my age, In my neighborhood, that has bought my own car, clothes , computer, food,(I worked late alot and almost always missed dinner)paid for insurance(I am getting shafted at $60+ for a tank of gas and $200+ for insurance) ect.

I dont personally know if  all of the informatin is correct, but that is what I belive. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

** edit sorry thunder chicken I got kicked offline and didnt read your message before typing this all up, If you want to you can delete this
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #11
ok guys i apolagize for what i stated in my 2nd post.  it was just a copy and paste thing.  sorry hope i didnt offend anybody

Reply #12
Hey they just said that a 269 to 269 tie is possible, than it goes to the house, that would be screwy  :slap:  :dunno:  :asshole:  :macgun:  :banana:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Let's keep the political rhetoric and opposition bashing to ourselves, eh? Or take it to a board that's better suited to name calling, labelling, etc. I asked who you thought would win

I hear ya Carm, hows that saying go..? Something about politics and religion  :banana:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Quote from: thunder306
Hey they just said that a 269 to 269 tie is possible, than it goes to the house, that would be screwy  :slap:  :dunno:  :asshole:  :macgun:  :banana:

I say in the event of a tie they fight to the death! :evilgrin:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC