Skip to main content
Topic: Hmmm (Read 889 times) previous topic - next topic

Hmmm

http://mycarblog.org/2010/04/14/ford-thunderbird-2/

Notable bits:
Ford’s engineers spared no expense in re designing the outgoing 1983  vintage Thunderbird, to the point where there was nothing left of the  old model.
dull range and old fashioned engineering were dealt another serious blow with the arrival of the new 1988 Thunderbird coupe.
You'd think that a self-proclaimed car "blog" would get the correct info... :toilet:

Funny how 6 years' worth of cars are forgotten!
And the all new '88 SuperCoupe! So mythical, it's legendary. Too bad they were never sold to the public.....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Hmmm

Reply #1
Hmm, nothing was left of the old car, except interior, engines, chassis (although skin was updated)...

It was the same car with a different skin on the outside... the only real update was to the intirior in 85 and then the minor style and engine tweaks in 87-88.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Hmmm

Reply #3
I found this after typing in '1988 Thunderbird" in google, and searching images.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Hmmm

Reply #4
Ive seen that blue Bird before too
Fox-less at the moment

Hmmm

Reply #5
There's a lot of 'Birds on google images I recognize. Vinnie's Sport. The Hawk's gorgeous blue car. More that I can't remember right now. Pretty neat.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Hmmm

Reply #6
The desire to lower the base of the widescreen and give the car an aggressively sloping nose
:rollin: f'in autocorrect hahaha
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L