Skip to main content
Topic: spy shot of the 2014 Camaro (Read 6449 times) previous topic - next topic

spy shot of the 2014 Camaro

It's official, GM Corp released the teaser photo of the new-for-'14 Camaro. It's sporting a newly redesigned retro body that pay homage to the Mustang. Since Chevrolet has ceded that Mustang is superior, they modeled the front clip as a tribute to the original pony. Apparently flattery will only get you so far, but imitation will go the distance. As a consolation prize, the underhood power is by Dodge. It's a hemi of smaller displacement with direct injection and variable valve timing which is supplied as a favor from Honda. Later in the year will be a Type R badge option that will give an extra 100 horsepower and 45 pound/feet of torque.
These versions will also have a raised rear suspension option, as well as an obligatory cowl hood, and centerline wheels. Side pipes are to be a tentative option. Expect a Transformers version as well. Rumors (unconfirmed as of press date) state that the car will transform into an ugly slug that converts 5 dollar bills into clouds of engine oil smoke. Dealerships are already stocking up on 8 track tapes that consist of engine revving and tire squealing noises so the new owners can enjoy the auditory delights of much more robust cars for much less.

The transmission is a scaled up version of the CVT that was offered in the legendary Ford Fusion of a few years ago, but reinforced to handle the might 130 horses of the Honda-infused Dodge engine.
As part of GM's new buyer incentive program, it comes with coupons for 6 months free of owner's choice of hairstylists to develop the proper Camaro driver hairdo.

This ain't your old-skool automobile....ladies and gents, here it is....the ALL NEW 2014 Camarastang!
X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
I almost threw up on the keyboard!!
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #3
I actually like it. Not the color and stripes, but I do like it. It's an improvement over stock.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I already placed my order for one.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #5
I think with better wheels and tires, a better color, it would be a cool car. The front (Mustang) on that car doesn't scream "Mustang" to me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Is that a real or a photoshop  job ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #7
I don't know...but I hope it's a P/S, although it looks too real to be such.

I just found the pic on YB, and wrote the "review"...lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #8
looks to me like some one really built this out of a 3rd gen Camaro and a 07-09 Mustang front end

Reply #9
They did..I was just makin' a funny ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #10
I just threw up in my mouth a little...that is uhhh...different to say the least
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #11
I still like it. It's those wheels and that paint that mess it up. Overall, it works.

Reply #12
I am going to agree with Vinnie.  If you painted it black and changed the wheels it actually would not look horrible.  Not great, but not horrible either.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #13
Finally.....Somebody agrees with me that isn't afraid to speak the truth !!! LOL.

Reply #14
that looks kinda like my brothers 78 nova.. weird.