Skip to main content
Topic: Sunvisor? (Read 2132 times) previous topic - next topic

Sunvisor?

I'm looking for Raven, or black sunvisors for my 88 TC.  This car has a moonroof though.  That means sunvisors from a solid roof TBird, or Cougar won't work, because my sunvisors aren't as long as ones from a solid roof car.  I found out the hard way that solid roof cars have sunvisors with a nose on them and that visors for moonroof cars don't have a nose and aren't as long consequently.  Moonroof cars have an overhead control panel for the moonroof right above the rear view mirror.  That's why the short visors are required.

Fox Stang sunvisors look very similar to the ones in my car.  Does anyone know if they'd fit?
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #1
You might also check and see if sun/moonroof Explorer/Mounty visors will work.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Sunvisor?

Reply #2
Thanks!  Now that's a great idea.
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #3
Let me know if you find out if they fit, as I need to get some new visors too ;)

I'm always looking in every salvage yard explorer/mounty I can find, for a moon or sunroof overhead console...never can remember to snag the visors, lol
'98 Explorer 5.0

Sunvisor?

Reply #4
I'll do that.  I have a boneyard nearby that's the Explorer/Monty promised land.  I'll let you know.  :)
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #5
What color U looking 4?
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #6
Nope!  Explorer/Monty visors are too long.  I'm at the boneyard as we speak.
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #7
There's an 87 xr7 with raven interior and sunroof at the yard by my house. I didn't stop to check the condition of them, but i'd pick them up for you at cost if there in okay shape.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Sunvisor?

Reply #8
Thanks Haystack.  I'll send you a PM.  :)
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #9
You can always recover what u have.  I was pretty easy.

Sunvisor?

Reply #10
My visors are from an Explorer. 100% bolt in swap. You have the sunroof?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Sunvisor?

Reply #11
I sure do.  When I measured the visors at the boneyard in Explorer with sunroofs, their visors were too long.
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;389421
My visors are from an Explorer. 100% bolt in swap. You have the sunroof?

Isn't your Sport a solid-roof car Vinnie?
William

Sunvisor?

Reply #13
Explorer visors work great in a non-moonroof car.
Otherwise you will need to use T-Bird/Cougar specific visors for cars with the overhead console.
I don't know if a Mustang visor will work or not, never tried it. It's possible though, as they were traditionally smaller in width.

Sunvisor?

Reply #14
Just so happens I have a Mustang...in a box less than three feet away is a Tbird (non sunroof) visor...I'll compare 'em, and report my findings back here, along with a pic or 2.

Oh, if anyone has any gray moonroof visors they want to sell.....
( fat chance, I know, but it's worth asking)
'98 Explorer 5.0