Skip to main content
Topic: TC hood scoops (Read 2041 times) previous topic - next topic

TC hood scoops

OK stupid question. I have my eyes on a TC parts car. I am wondering if the TC hood scoops can be put in a regular hood, or is the TC hood something special. The hood on the parts car I am looking at now has a custom taco shape. lol

TC hood scoops

Reply #1
the base/sport/lx hood has no provisions for the TC scoops.. you'd have to cut the holes and weld the mounts from the donor hood, to your hood.. plus, the edge where the scoops go is recessed, so that the scoops stay firmly in place and mount flush.. too much work for my liking lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

TC hood scoops

Reply #2
Theres a lowered ridge on the surface of the hood and the mounting tabs for the scoops to mount to that are specific to the TC hoods only. You could cut that off a damaged TC hood, but would require you to be really good at welding. It would be easier to track down an entire hood though, especially if memory serves me right and the tabs are part of the hoods bracing.

TC hood scoops

Reply #3
Since it requires a lot more than just adding holes, nevermind.

TC hood scoops

Reply #4
If you were closer, I'd sell you my T/C hood w/scoops. I want to go a different direction with my hood.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

TC hood scoops

Reply #5
I have 2 extra, but I wouldn't want to mess with the shipping :(
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

TC hood scoops

Reply #6
Not too worried about it. It was just a thought. I have more important stuff to deal with right now. Get the power to the ground first and then work on looks.

TC hood scoops

Reply #7
Why not just use the entire TC hood? Maybe I missed something?
...and there was light!

TC hood scoops

Reply #8
Quote from: T-BirdX3;387920
Why not just use the entire TC hood? Maybe I missed something?
You missed the part where the TC hood is shaped like a taco.

TC hood scoops

Reply #9
lol You are exactly right, thanks for the clarification!
...and there was light!

TC hood scoops

Reply #10
Sorry to change subject,anyone want to ship a hood to 16507?I have a stock 87 hood I will give you if wanted.I need a tc hood. Tghanks

TC hood scoops

Reply #11
I have a spare hood here in Texas.  But in houston

TC hood scoops

Reply #12
I have 3 in CT!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!