Skip to main content
Topic: Ford GT rear diffuser (Read 1093 times) previous topic - next topic

Ford GT rear diffuser

So a ford GT came into my work the other day and WOW is the only thing i could really say. Looking at the back of the car, my favorite part is the rear diffuser. I was wondering if anybody has ever thought of doing this?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Ford GT rear diffuser

Reply #1
It seems like it could be done with Ford GT diffusers. Just run a wide mounting plates around the gas to alittle to the frame and then bolt up the diffusers to the plate.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Ford GT rear diffuser

Reply #2
Might as well put a gay-ass ricer wing and some "R" badges on the fenders.....

On a more serious note, with all the suspension, and other stuff sticking down into the air, making a mount for the diffuser is as big a waste of time and effort as the money spent on it would be a waste.

Will it make you faster? Corner harder? Have a higher top speed? Look like a wannabe ricer?

:shakeass:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Ford GT rear diffuser

Reply #3
I hate ricers as much as the next American but i dont think it would look ricer like at all. Any car that has a diffuser for the street is just for looks. So ANY street (Not supercar or hypercar that is actually raced) car has no function besides looks.
On another note, I dont have suspension sticking down into the air. I have alot of frame rail that isnt being used. Any way, id bet that is does help with stability.

Ford GT rear diffuser

Reply #4
I think it'd take a bit of effort to really get it to integrate with the looks of the car.
I don't think the shape of the rear bumper really lends itself to a splitter, but with modifications it would.

if it looks good is a different matter.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi