Skip to main content
Topic: Junkyard run in the AM... (Read 608 times) previous topic - next topic

Junkyard run in the AM...

I can probably grab a few small things if anyone needs something..?

We'll be taking my buddy's mountaineer, so won't be able to get big stuff.

I'm going to try to grab some calipers and dust shields from a 94+ Stang, and maybe a set of '94-'95 spindles for a possible 5 lug swap on my Stang later on..

Graham...send me your addy again, I've got some hood hinges and that plaque for your Exploder intake :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
If you could find 2 light blue sun visors off an 83-84, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm not sure if they changed the design over the years, but I do know light blue isn't a common interior color.

Oh, and if you do happen to find an 83 or an 84 with Electroluminescent emblems...I'll make it worth your time. Thanks!
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #2
Well, there IS an 84 at the one...it's on their online inventory... Chuck, do you still need some parts? Or was your needs for the older Fox car?
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #4
It was a bust. U pick it had 2 mustangs, both SN95. The front stuff was gone from one...the 97 still had spindles and get this: only the rear driver side had a caliper. Had to unbolt the caliper and bracket and then pull the wheel and axle out, as the  lug nuts were cross threaded or some shiznit....trans was gone, had no way to lock it down to hold the wheel still. So I have my backing plates/dust shields from that.

Then we went to Pick N Pull, they had several mustangs, and 2 or 3 fox stangs. I needed a driver's tail light for mine, and the only fox light was busted, so I passed it by. All the others were SN95 and every ed one had the spindles taken, and the rear brake stuff.

Did see 2 Taurus SHO's...both with the V6. One was in drivable looking shape. Grabbed the shift  from it.

Been a long day. I'm tired..some friends sent me a coupla pics of the twister that hit Salina kansas. Gonna be a long night..i'm off to shower and sleep for a bit.

Happy wrenchin' folks.
'98 Explorer 5.0