Skip to main content
Topic: Shadow....UPDATE .. (Read 52536 times) previous topic - next topic

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #180
It's too bad that Shadow essentially threw away one of the best internet families over pocket change. He had many, many chances to just come clean. That's the problem with compulsive liars - they actually start believing the BS that comes out of their mouths.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #181
I am always amazed at the integrity of everyone here. What is it about these cars that attracts honest hard-working people to them? :)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #182
At least Vinnie got lame excuses. I'd prefer that to total silence and no communication from the seller.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #183
Quote from: jangus;388807
At least Vinnie got lame excuses. I'd prefer that to total silence and no communication from the seller.

And your seller will be losing classifieds access as well.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #184
Here's a little story that took place in early 2009;

I was looking for some complete, uncut fuel lines for a V8 Bird/Cougar. Vinnie found some, we agreed to wait till my payday then I would send him the money. In that waiting period, I had a couple of days off of work for a minor surgery, and Nicole decided to take me out of town the day after the outpatient visit to go eat at a nice place. On the way there, I saw my Sport that's in my sig. Long story short, I wrote a check that I was barely able to cover...at the expense of Vinnie and those fuel lines. I left him holding the bag, and understandably, he was mad. I could tell through the PM's and the conversations we had....but to his credit, he did later business with me. Vinnie is a class act...I'm waiting for the day that I can repay his kindness and consideration for the debacle over those fuel lines...I feel like I still owe him.

As far as the subject of this thread goes, he knew what Vinnie was going to do with those little wheels and tires, yet he sent absolute junk anyway (not in a timely manner, either) and now he won't refund the money. It sure has been quieter here since he's not posted. I kind of like it, not reading his opinions of Chevy, LS engines, or this or that in everyone's threads. And...I hope karma is especially unkind to him and others like that.

So Vinnie...I feel like I owe ya, even though it was a few years ago now...whatever you need, if/when I find it, consider it yours. :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #185
It really sucks you're still having to put up with this  from him Vinnie! I did at least get my money back from him after putting up with pretty much the same excuses he's been giving you. One thing he's proven his self good at is excuses and not accepting blame.

Is it too late to give him a negative feed back? If I had done it in the first place Vinnie might not have had to go through all this. Sorry Vinnie, I guess I was trying to be nice and dropped the ball. My thread got burried and of course he rejoined under a different name so I guess there's a chance it still could've gotten missed. But if it's not too late I'll leave it under both names to try and save someone else the same fate. Of course if he's smart he'll stay away on his own.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #186
Don't ban him, then he will just come back in a year or two with a different email, and do the same thing. Leaving him banned from the classifieds is the only way to go.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #187
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;388821
It really sucks you're still having to put up with this  from him Vinnie! I did at least get my money back from him after putting up with pretty much the same excuses he's been giving you. One thing he's proven his self good at is excuses and not accepting blame.

Is it too late to give him a negative feed back? If I had done it in the first place Vinnie might not have had to go through all this. Sorry Vinnie, I guess I was trying to be nice and dropped the ball. My thread got burried and of course he rejoined under a different name so I guess there's a chance it still could've gotten missed. But if it's not too late I'll leave it under both names to try and save someone else the same fate. Of course if he's smart he'll stay away on his own.

If you post it, post in the same thread Vinnie did.  I'm planning a consolidation of the Feedback forum, and each user will have 1 thread, and not a dozen different ones.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #188
If it's the thread he first started then I guess I already did. I had posted the link to my thread in there as well. If everyone would use the feedback score in the upper right hand side for good or bad feedback, (myself included), you wouldn't need to go through all that. I was trying to be nice before but since he pulled the same thing again I thought I should see if it was too late to put it on there or not.

Chuck, how about just locking the feedback area in the ad section so no one can post in it anymore? That way they have to use the correct feedback area?

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #189
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;388836
Chuck, how about just locking the feedback area in the ad section so no one can post in it anymore? That way they have to use the correct feedback area?

....IF they would use it in the first place.  ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #190
Banning shadow would not have any effect, as he'd just come back under a new name (like he has already done). No, it's better to have Vinnie's post with his real name, so people will know not to deal with him (if they bother checking the feedback before buying)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #191
I too back in 2009 needed some parts that Vinnie had for sale in the classifieds knowing that I didn't have enough to pay for them right that minute I talked to Vinnie and we agreed for me to make payments until they were paid for, I paid them off and Vinnie sent my parts.  Everything with Vinnie has been a good experience and even right now we are in a deal where I am holding parts for him and he's making payments to me.  This really burns my ass to see him get ripped off, and not just because its Vinnie..  I'd still be pissed if it was anyone else here.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #192
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;388849
Banning shadow would not have any effect, as he'd just come back under a new name (like he has already done). No, it's better to have Vinnie's post with his real name, so people will know not to deal with him (if they bother checking the feedback before buying)

I would add to that name the first one on the old account he had...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #193
and honestly....as soon as we figured out who he was under a new name, it would get real ugly for him around here...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #194
It really HAS been quiet without him. His mom must have put him in a time out or something.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~