Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 ford radios (Read 1928 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 ford radios

I have 2 1987 fords, A f-150 and my cougar. Both of them have almost identical factory radios, exept the trucks had a tape deck. Both  of them the drivers side speakers would go out and come back in alot. The truck has a new radio in it now, and no problems as far as I can tell (its my brothers daily driver so im not sure) so does that mean its probly a problem inside the radio in the cougar?

anyone else had this problem?

Re: 1987 ford radios

Reply #3
more thatn very possible I would say so. But most likely it is just that the contacts on the vol  or buttons are full of dust ands just need a good cleaning with eletric parts cleaner. i would be best to take it out and put the top case off. I had 3 ford radios do that to me. Just like the seatbelt contacts in the tempo's
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Re: 1987 ford radios

Reply #4
i have the same issue on my pass speakers.  im always tweeking the fade  to make the speaker work right but there seems to be a lot of static as well.  probably the  contacts like said.