Skip to main content
Topic: a little graveyard/horror story.. with pictures (Read 1843 times) previous topic - next topic

a little graveyard/horror story.. with pictures

sure.. we all get a little depressed when we see a very saveable fox bird in the junkyard, but i think the following photos take the cake.. there's something for all fans of the US big 3.. yes, i even feel a little sad for a dodge lol

the good side of these pics.. there's a possibility of them being saved, as the junkyard is willing to sell.. i didn't take pics of everything there, just some of what caught my eye.. there was a 57-58 cadillac (i don't know the difference between the 2, not much of a cady fan) that i wanted to get a pic of, but it was boxed in and every pic i took, looked like  or didn't show much..

without any further lolligaging, the pics..

first up, a country squire.. i'd love to save this car for a resto rod project.. updated suspension, lowered on 17x8 torque thrust II's and shaved handles/badging.. mmmmm

some go-fast goodies already included :hick:

i'd love to save this, as well.. lets see if anyone can guess what it is.. david, not you! i already know that you know lol

old dodge pickup with a willys wagon next to it.. i want the wagon.. they're awesome!

a chevelle for the GM guys

my mom wants this 1 lol

shortly before i stole her badging.. LOL

nice fairlane 500, very saveable

and a mustang.. pfft

ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #1
Second photo: Judging by the lack of a turn signal lamp immediately above the bumper, it's a Torino Talledega. That sucker is rough though.
There was a fairly rough one for sale about 2 years ago up in Omaha. Missing major components, don't know what ever happened to it. There's also one in a farmers machine shed about 100 miles northwest of here, and I keep rumors of another one that was roaming around the general area about 10 years back.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #2
68-69 mercury cyclone.

Reply #3
close! but no, it's a mercury :p

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;385906
68-69 mercury cyclone.

yes!

Reply #5
Stinkin' work computer was cropping the picture so I didn't get to see the taillight panel. Car still needs to be saved though.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #6
yeah it does.. $600 and someone can save it, provided he has the title.. comes with an interior full of god knows what and 2 straight(er) doors! :hick:

Reply #7
The junkyards around here suck. I never see anything cool when i go. I've gone 3 times in the last 2 weeks and the only mustangs were sn95 v6s. Not one fox car of any kind. My friend that i go with always makes out because there's always tons of chevy pickups and i always leave empty handed.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #8
wow.. that really sucks.. just about every junkyard around here has a fox something.. mostly mustangs.. a few of which i previously owned for part-out cars LOL

Reply #9
The Country Squire is cool, you should save it. The Cyclone, Fairlane, and Mustang are saveable depending on what the engine code is.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #10
Does the Country Squire have a Thunderbolt hood scoop?

My Grandfather has a semi-restored '62 Thunderbird, a '67 Nova Wagon and a few C-10 Chevy's. My Dad gave me his '53 210 Sedan as a lifetime project, it was his first car(I6 with a three on the tree). He has a '70 Chevelle SS 396 as his baby.

The car I really want to restore is a '55 Willys Sedan my Grandfather bought at Auction almost 20 years ago. He bought it right after a restoration and parked it. It is such a neat little car and I have never seen one like it, let alone find hardly any info online about it.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #11
I noticed the hood on the wagon too. It also has lincolin wheels. I was going to say cyclone for the second pic too. My uncle had one that year back in the day. I wish I were closer and had a few bucks to play with.

Reply #12
Quote from: 5.0 bird;385950
The Country Squire is cool, you should save it. The Cyclone, Fairlane, and Mustang are saveable depending on what the engine code is.

i'd like to.. it's been there for a while and hasn't been touched.. there's not a single piece missing from it, except some grill screws LOL we'll see how the monetary situation looks in the next couple months.. i've been eying that car up since november when i first saw it.. as for the cyclone, fairlane and blue bird, all 302's.. mustang has an I6.. the only 2 of those i'd show true interest in are the CS and cyclone.. fairlanes and mustangs of those body styles are a little too common for my project liking

Quote from: cougrrr302;385954
Does the Country Squire have a Thunderbolt hood scoop?

good eye, yes it does.. it just adds to the 'coolness factor' lol

Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;385962
I noticed the hood on the wagon too. It also has lincolin wheels. I was going to say cyclone for the second pic too. My uncle had one that year back in the day. I wish I were closer and had a few bucks to play with.

so many times, i've cruised through this part of the yard and saw things i wanted to play with.. but until now, i really never got too serious about any of them.. i really want that  wagon lol.. i would even repaint it a similar color, too.. probably add a little candy for the extra 'wow factor' to go along with the lowered stance.. that would make 1 hell of a sweet cruiser with a big, lopey cam for that mean sounding idle

Reply #13
That squire is awesome. This thread makes me sad.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #14
I'd like to have that '70 Chevelle.  Looks like its mostly surface rust in the pictures.  It would fit in with my '72 nicely!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube