Skip to main content
Topic: Funny Mustang ad on CL... (Read 2103 times) previous topic - next topic

Funny Mustang ad on CL...

I figured I would pass this along in case any of you are looking for one of those rare GT Cobras.  I didn't know the government stopped production on the 5.0s because they had too much power.  Also, I have never seen an uglier set of wheels in my life.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ctd/2905622723.html
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #1
I'm glad I have my 5.0. Since the government stopped production of it due to it's capabilities, it's sure to be highly collectible very soon.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
I want to find and beat this person, or any potential buyers of this car.....
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #3
man, i didn't know 500hp was a major power capability LOL.. i guess the moron doesn't realize ford kept producing the motor for SN95's and explorers.. i'm with soul, this guy needs some sense beaten into him.. GT cobra.. GTFOOH
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
Man, Some people. 1 trashed a decent looking rustang with some ghettofied 15" rims. 2 talked up a 302 like it was the rarest motor ever built. 3 anybody notice the patches in the top? great shape? uhh.. no.

If it wasnt for the fact that you could practically sell your soul and buy the devils on craigslist I wouldnt even bother with it somtimes.

Reply #5
He probably knows what he was told. Not everyone with 5.0 Stangs and performance cars are car "knowledgeable". We take for granted that guys with Stangs actually work on them, hot rod them, and love to turn wrenches...........not always so.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
I wouldn't expect a puppies shop to be very automotive savvy ............ ugly wheels , but decent looking car .

And in case anyone isn't aware there were  "Cobra GT"  fox body mustangs  Canada bound stangs were badged Cobra and Gt ...  I'm not sure what years though
 I have a dealer brochure somewhere that I got from my uncle in Nove Scotia  back in 86 nor 87
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #7
I have read about the Cobra GTs before but i think this is just a case of an uninformed seller spouting off names and false information.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Reply #8
Those wheels will give me nightmares.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
After I found the ad I searched for those wheels online just to see how much people pay for that garbage but couldn't find them.

Reply #10
Paint, body, and interior look great. I like the color as well. Not a bad buy if it runs as good as it looks. Wheels are an easy fix. I myself have no desire for a convertible. As for the seller, I don't think he is trying to fool anyone. I think he honestly don't know what he is talking about.

Reply #11
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;385482
After I found the ad I searched for those wheels online just to see how much people pay for that garbage but couldn't find them.

Maybe they were "Custom One Of One  Set " .  super rare like the rest of the car ..........

Or they found them in the back of the puppies shop ,,,,,,,,,,,lol
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #12
Quote from: hypostang;385526
Or they found them in the back of the puppies shop ,,,,,,,,,,,lol

way way WAY in the back lol.. those look just as bad as the 2 blade, fan looking monstrosities.. ugh.. nightmare material
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #13
I say we all flag it as best of craigslist... or spam.

Reply #14
I'm afraid no CL car ad, no matter how ridiculous or out-of-touch....will ever match this http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/fre/546194826.html lol
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane