Skip to main content
Topic: family loss (Read 1419 times) previous topic - next topic

family loss

Got the call this morning about 4 am, lost my grandmother.

She'd been in a nursing home since 2006 after a knee surgery and the resulting complications made her dependent on care.

My aunt had supper with her last night and they had some laughs, and she was with her when she passed early this morning. I've just been going over the memories in my mind, and recollecting. She was my last grandparent...her husband, my grandfather passed in '76 before i was born. I'll probably be a little less visible for the next couple-3 days, my mom will be up and I'll probably help her with some stuff.

Above all, give your loved ones a hug and some kind words....even when you've had nearly 90 years, it's never enough time to say goodbye. :(

Peace to all
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

family loss

Reply #1
It's never time to leave. Sorry for your loss.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

family loss

Reply #2
Condolences on your loss.

family loss

Reply #3
Sorry man
Fox-less at the moment

family loss

Reply #4
Beau , Our prayers are with you on the loss of your grandmother friend.

family loss

Reply #5
Sorry to hear of your loss, our thoughts and prayers go to you and your family

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

family loss

Reply #6
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother in april of last year. She was also 90 and still full of life. I can tell you the good part that has come after her passing, my family is alot closer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]      STEVE ;)

family loss

Reply #7
sorry to hear about your loss.. it's never an easy thing to go through
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

family loss

Reply #8
Sorry for your loss....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

family loss

Reply #9
sorry for your loss
Cougar on a diet to suck gas and haul ass!

Cain, Pony Express Racing

family loss

Reply #11
Thanks for the kind words folks. I'm doin mostly ok, comforted by the thoughts that she's no longer in pain and feeling helpless and a burden for others. She was one of the hardest working people I have ever known, and she was proud of her grandchildren and great grand kids.
She's missed. X

Quote from: 88turbo;384927
Lost my grandmother today as well.  she passed at about 7pm central time :(

This is a sad thing we share bro.X

Gimme a holler or text..I'm off work till next wednesday for everything.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

family loss

Reply #12
My condolences, it's never easy saying goodbye...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

family loss

Reply #13
Lost my grandmother today as well.  she passed at about 7pm central time :(

geez.. sorry to hear that, graham! makes me super worried because my grandmom fell, hit her head and has been in and out of the hospital for the past couple weeks :(
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

family loss

Reply #14
Lost my grandmother today as well. she passed at about 7pm central time :(

Condolences on your loss as well.