Skip to main content
Topic: Ick..... (Read 2236 times) previous topic - next topic

Ick.....

Now for the original ad......
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1988-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ364554313

1988 Mustang - Total Modular Conversion.

The only thing on this car that is Fox is the chassis and body panels. Everything else is from a 2003 Cobra or custom made.

Car has been driven very little since completion. I am selling because a property has come up that I am interested in and I need a down-payment.

There are simply too many mods and too much work done to describe here. Look at the pictures, and if you know what you are looking at and are seriously interested, shoot me a message for a detailed description of the car and all of the work that has been done.

I will not entertain lowballing or test pilots. All test drives will be supervised at all times.

Must be seen in person to truly appreciate.

Thanks for looking.

$28,000

I'm at a loss for words on the interior....
Here's the jalopnik link... http://jalopnik.com/5895382/for-28000-this-mustang-has-a-checkered-past
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Ick.....

Reply #1
It's actually a very nice car that's victim of some very unfortunate paint work. Somebody loves it, though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Ick.....

Reply #2
The paint, the wheels (they don't belong on a fox Mustang), and the hood.  That price is ridiculous.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Ick.....

Reply #3
Paint it with some Grabber Blue, switch the interior to gray and black, and I'll trade those wheels with some 17" Bullitts, and that'd be my dream Stang. Oh, you can keep the Cobra spoiler too.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Ick.....

Reply #4
That car is saveable, but it would take a lot of work. Repaint, get the puke green out of the interior, change the headlights, remove the wing, and different wheels that aren't sticking out past the fenders. And the price is insane, it'll never sell when you can just get a 2003 Cobra for 10k less.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Ick.....

Reply #6
it may look ugly, but id have the stupidest smile driving that thing around with how much HP. I wouldnt pay 28,000 though.... Id say 15 would be more realistic.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Ick.....

Reply #7
That engine looks SWEET!!!
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Ick.....

Reply #8
i'm sorry, but the dash is what kills it for me.. paint i can overlook, as it's easy to change.. but i hate the SN95 dashes.. soooo ugly..

stupid mod motor! at least it's charged lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Ick.....

Reply #9
Of all the mod engines...that's the one to have, factory-wise..lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Ick.....

Reply #10
I thought Paul redid his.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Ick.....

Reply #11
Well I like the engine.

That being said he probably wants $28K because that's what he has into it. The rule of thumb is that when ever you restore/modify a car you never get back what you put into it.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Ick.....

Reply #12
Other than the gold in the interior I like it
Fox-less at the moment

Ick.....

Reply #13
Checkered flag flames is just way too much. Don't even get me started on the gold on the interior............

Ick.....

Reply #14
the paint is actually kinda cool but the yellow interior was just a terrible decision
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L