Skip to main content
Topic: Headlight Switch Illumination? (Read 1024 times) previous topic - next topic

Headlight Switch Illumination?

I took the headlight switch out of my TC today and saw a little light with a blue/red wire and a black wire sitting where the headlight switch plugs go.  I checked the EVTM and see that it's the headlight switch illumination lamp.  I looked carefully at the headlight switch, but couldn't find any place to plug it in.  Does anyone know where it's supposed to go?
William

Reply #2
You'll see the hole on the back of the faceplate.

Reply #3
Wow!  That was fast!  Thanks for the help guys.  I went out there and saw what you were talking about.  You guys rock!
William

Reply #4
I put the switch back in, but the bulb is burned out.  Anyone know where I can get a new bulb?  Auto Zone said I'd have to go to a dealership, but there's got to be some other place I can get one.
William

Reply #5
Autozone has them just bought a pack of  two last week! Take your bulb with and just go look in the light isle, the employees are not the sharpest knives in the drawer!
...and there was light!

Reply #6
Quote from: T-BirdX3;383476
Autozone has them just bought a pack of  two last week! Take your bulb with and just go look in the light isle, the employees are not the sharpest knives in the drawer!

Parts store employees that don't know what's going on? No way!

Reply #7
lol..totally off subject...
I went into napa last week and asked for fluid for my ford AOD..... the kid asked me what an AOD was.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Per your recommendation, I called another Auto Zone and they had it.  The bulbs are part #37.  The first Auto Zone I tried was right when they said they didn't have it.  I called them back and had a knowledgeable guy who works there check.

Thanks for the help!
William