Skip to main content
Topic: Gdub's 87 Bird build (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

Gdub's 87 Bird build

Well I thought I would go ahead and start a build thread since I started doing it a year ago.
87 LX with 88 TC as donor car. Will be using TC front, hood and doors.
Here's a link to the photos of what I started with and through the tear down process.
http://pix.kg/p/216551036311%3A1972974257/scl
I will post more later.
I now have the Rad mount and side panels welded in and started slicking the engine comp. Body work to get rid of a couple of dents is in process and motor is almost complete. Just got the upper and lower intakes back from the powder coater. It is a 98 Explorer 5.0 with a TFS stage 1 cam, GT40P heads and Ford Racing Ceramic coated P specific Shorty headers. Motor had 160,000 miles and the machine shop said it was well taken care of because it still had cross hatch in the cylinders and all specs were STD. (NOT shagually transmitted disease.)
I hope to have all the pieces ready for the paint shop sometime next month.

Gdub's 87 Bird build

Reply #1
That looks about the same shape as the Sport was in when I brought her home. Your interior is way better though. Good luck and keep us posted.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Gdub's 87 Bird build

Reply #2
thanks Vin, She's been around the block a few times. I drove it for 10 years then my son had it for about 6 and then he gave it to a buddy of his and now I have it back. My son and his friend that had it are helping me with the build. It's been FUN, kinda! ;>)