Skip to main content
Topic: "Invisible" Mecedes :D (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

"Invisible" Mecedes :D

Technology amazes me! I realize it is just LED's duplicating what the camera sees, but it is still EPIC! :D

[video=youtube;35070sZwN_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35070sZwN_w&feature=channel[/video]
...and there was light!

Reply #1
I saw that last night on wimp.com......pretty amazing, but once you think about it...not anything out of this world :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
The military has been working on a similar idea for a long time as a camouflage tactic, but it is a paint that consists of many much tinier LED's and is able to project the image much better.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #3
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;383086
I saw that last night on wimp.com......pretty amazing, but once you think about it...not anything out of this world :)

To me the amazing part is the fact that just a few years ago this wouldn't have been possible,  but today technology is advancing so fast that something like this is done simply for a car commercial!
...and there was light!

Reply #4
Quote from: sarjxxx;383115
The military has been working on a similar idea for a long time as a camouflage tactic, but it is a paint that consists of many much tinier LED's and is able to project the image much better.

yep, saw it first in 91 at dam neck va naval base.
everything needs a power source,, get it?

Reply #5
That is really cool how it's camouflaged and all, but I would give it probably 10 minutes before someone crashed into it. lol
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #6
Quote from: 5.0 bird;383189
That is really cool how it's camouflaged and all, but I would give it probably 10 minutes before someone crashed into it. lol

haha

If you watch at 0:09 a guy almost walks into it when it is setting on the sidewalk! :D
...and there was light!