Skip to main content
Topic: Nascar (Read 2288 times) previous topic - next topic

Nascar

Ok here is a question that is going to start WW#3

What do you think about TOYOTA IN NASCAR????

I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. (Actually more than SHADOW hates LS motors. Just kidding)
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Nascar

Reply #1
they don't belong.. at all.. and i hate nascar more than i hate LS motors lmao
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Nascar

Reply #2
I'm not a fan either, personally if it's not domestic it doesn't belong, and yes i know there manufactured here, and so are other foreign brands. on the other hand, it brings a new kind of competition, and if Detroit (more like North carolina) can get it right, toyota will realize why they havent been involved in nascar for most of it's history. basically the only way I can get over toyota in nascar is to tell myself that there just going to get embarrassed. not to say they dont build a reliable car, I just dont think they belong in nascar. One thing I do like about toyota.... there parts NEVER become obsolete, you can still buy brand new parts (everything and anything) for 98% of the cars they ever made, from toyota OEM parts... I REALLY wish ford did that.

Nascar

Reply #3
It's about money. And, just so you haters know...NASCAR means NATIONAL association..yadda yadda.

Now, I don't give two hershey squirts about "nascar" anyway, but face it....the camry or WTF'ever toyota's entry in Cup is is no less american built than a Mustang or Charger or whatever it is GM teams are using...granted, some of the parts come across the ocean in a container....

While at work, on my break, I was surfing the web via my phone...of course the hot topic is Kenseth winning the 500...and then you have all the haters saying johnson got what he deserves, being crashed out early, his chief getting fined and suspended...etc.

I'm about to piss of some die hard racin' fans....but personally, the only thing worse than rabid nascar fans are the f*cktards who post such ignorant trash for the whole world to see. THAT is what turned me off of it in 2003.
That and the stupid rule changes.

For that matter, my posting about my opinion in this thread is way more attention than I feel the subject matter even deserves from me. :(
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Nascar

Reply #4
real oval track cars race on dirt and turn right to go left ;)

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Nascar

Reply #5
XR7 Correct

One thing I do like about toyota.... there parts NEVER become obsolete, you can still buy brand new parts (everything and anything) for 98% of the cars they ever made, from toyota OEM parts... I REALLY wish ford did that.

They wind up in the junk yard way before needing parts. That is why the parts are so abundant. Ford on the other hand has 30-40 year old cars still on the road!!

I asked this question many times and i feel as an American the sport should be domestic cars. Basically i think Sport 302 is correct. It is the money and sucking in the RICERS. Like i said i dont want to start WW#3  But i just cant stand seeing commercials with NASCAR drivers and their TOYOTA'S. As a long time mechanic my personal feeling on Toyota is not very pleasant. I truly believe they are GARBAGE. Well like 302 explained it is all about the CASHOLA!!! Thanks for the response
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Nascar

Reply #6
Not a nascar fan....I'd rather spend 4 hours (is that the length of a race) outside or in the garage doing something than sitting on the couch watching someone else do something!
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Nascar

Reply #7
I loved NASCAR when I was a kid.  The cars were actually based on real cars, not all the same like now.

However, I did go to the Brickyard the 1st time Tony Stewart won (2005??) and the races are much more exciting in person.  It really is impressive to see 1st hand.  But to watch on TV, meh.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Nascar

Reply #8
With all of the cars using the same template, and the only significant difference between a "Camry" and a "Fusion" being whose fake headlight stickers are affixed, does it really matter whether Toyota is involved?
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Nascar

Reply #9
lmao.. tom has to be talking about michael waltrip in those moronic aaron's commercials lmao.. stupid man, stupid commercials

Nascar

Reply #10
I used to be a big fan of NASCAR. When we wern't at a car show I would spend the afternoon watching with my Dad. I have alot of collectables as well. Once they allowed Toyota to race I quit watching and eventually put my collectables away. It's defenately about the all mighty dollar but they're not getting any from me. I don't know if it's hypicritacal or not but I do still like and buy stuff that says Ford Racing. I know it's NASCAR but at the same time it's Ford.

Nascar

Reply #11
I'm known to borrow the wife's seam ripper...and remove the nascar logo/tag from my Ford hats ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Nascar

Reply #12
Quote from: Shadow;382615
lmao.. tom has to be talking about michael waltrip in those moronic aaron's commercials lmao.. stupid man, stupid commercials

Yes that is the one that makes me PUKE. Just some non controllable body functions when i see the TOYOTA EMBLEM YUCKIE DUCKIE!!!

Nascar

Reply #13
Anyone ever watch Australian V8 Supercars? My friend gets Speed channel so I'll catch some when I'm over there. Boy is he sucked into it LOL. But it really is awesome, down and dirty NASCAR-like vehicles on intense roadcourses that aren't as wide as a six-lane highway. Maybe that will migrate elsewhere outside that continent...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Nascar

Reply #14
Those Aussie V8 Super cars are awesome!! REAL 4-door cars with a rollcage and racing slicks. They need to bring those here and show 'em how it's done down under.
I'm the odd-man out here but I still like nascar and I go to the chicago race when I can. I don't particularly like the fact that toyota is in it, but $$$ talks.

Now if KIA or Hyundai try to enter........then I stop watching forever. Oh wait....... they don't make a vehicles with V8s

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]