Skip to main content
Topic: AOD neutral safety switch adjustment? (Read 1655 times) previous topic - next topic

AOD neutral safety switch adjustment?

I recently swapped to a floor shifter, all the gears line up properly.  However the neutral safety switch is wrong.  Reverse lights come on in park, treats reverse as neutral(and park as reverse obviously).  If I don't get information by tomorrow morning 7am CST I'm going to try to figure it out on my own.  I hope I don't have to resort to just using toggle switches(which I've been known to use for everything from headlights, blinkers and etc.).

Reply #1
Did you cut and splice the wires, or use a factory-type connector?

On mine, since I was too impatient to wait, I just spliced the wires together, to get it to start. Of course, I have no backup lights...but then again, I probably won't legally drive it on the road till the year 2597......
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
You have the wires reversed.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #3
I never dropped the transmission, never disconnected any wires, I just dropped the pan.  So you can see why I am stumped.

Reply #4
disregard...gear selector arm washiznitting pan.  It has full range of motion and functions with the pan out.  So I'm very delicately notching the pan.