Skip to main content
Topic: Paula's Cougar LS...Celebrating it's 27th Anniversary of being built (Read 2621 times) previous topic - next topic

Paula's Cougar LS...Celebrating it's 27th Anniversary of being built

A day without the sun but oh well I had fun just driving her Cougar around town last friday before the weather turned bad. :rollin:

Reply #1
I never get tired of looking at that car.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #2
Beautiful. Now that car defines Mercury to me and will stand the test of time.

It says... I was inspired by a limousine but I'm not that stuffy. My Thunderbird pedigree keeps me sure-footed while the ride inside is oh so plush. You CAN have both for a reasonable price. I'm a black on black 1985 Mercury Cougar LS.

Nice car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
Looks sharp as always, Dan.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
Thanks U fella's, at the end of March her Cat comes home for the warmer months ahead. :headbang:

Reply #5
Doing any carshows up my way this year?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #6
Chris , May have to wait and see how high the gas prices go first. I sure wish they still had the French Lick event going. :poke:

Reply #7
I didnt realize that the French Lick show was defunct...

Reply #8
When I first got my cougar (at 19 years old) I hated the wire hubcaps. Now that Im alittle older they have grown on me. They look killer on your cat and I can't wait to get mine from Eric.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #9
That is a nice clean cat.  Although I'm not a fan of 14" wheels on fox tbird/cougars.

Just looks too small to me.  I wish my paint job was 1/4 that nice.

Travis

Reply #10
Very nice cat!
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #11
Great looking car. Just needs new wheels. Some chrome Cobra R wheels would look sweeeeeeeet with that black paint.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
Vinnie Vinnie Vinnie , You just will not give up that wheel thing...anyways thanks for the reply bud. :pbb:

Reply #13
Purty black kitty there Dan!

Reply #14
Looks good Dan! I'm with Vinnie though, I think it needs wheels. You can always take them off and put the hub caps back on.