Skip to main content
Topic: It was 60 and sunny so here's some new pics of the Cougar. (Read 1302 times) previous topic - next topic

It was 60 and sunny so here's some new pics of the Cougar.

I've been meaning to get some decent pics with the carriage roof off for a while, and it was nice today so I took the Cougar to get some new pics.

It's a shame about this car with the roof damage and all the rust the carriage top caused. It's a pretty nice car besides that, and it's the year, color, and options I like.

Here's the turbine wheels. I just have to find some rwl tires for them.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #1
Yeah too bad about the damage.  Looks like it will make a great driver for you though.

Random question. Whats the pink thing by the master cylinder?  Thats the hole my clutch cable runs through, before that I think it was just a rubber plug.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #2
Quote from: 50tbrd88;382060
Random question. Whats the pink thing by the master cylinder?  Thats the hole my clutch cable runs through, before that I think it was just a rubber plug.

Looks like a vacuum line runs down to it.  Mine was a rubber plug also.

The new wheels should help a bunch.....little tire shine wouldn't hurt either!
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #3
Quote from: Dan B.;382063
Looks like a vacuum line runs down to it.  Mine was a rubber plug also.

The new wheels should help a bunch.....little tire shine wouldn't hurt either!

Yeah I saw the vac line running to it but was wondering what it was for.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
Its a warning label like thing that surrounds the one way valve on the booster
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #5
Pink sticker looks like it's on the booster? Reman/aftermarket part?

The clutch cable hole is right near there though..lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #6
Man I'm glad u have different wheels for that nice white cougar.  The ones on it are terrible.

Travis

Reply #7
I think someone replaced the booster and master cylinder at some point. The pink sticker is on the vacuum line that runs to the brake booster.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)