Skip to main content
Topic: Angel Eyes (Read 2735 times) previous topic - next topic

Angel Eyes

Does anyone know the secret on these headlights for the t-birds and cougars!!?? help a junior out!

Angel Eyes

Reply #1
Could you rephrase the question so we know what exactly what you are asking ?
Fox-less at the moment

Angel Eyes

Reply #2
Someone on here has a cougar with halo projectors, but I don't think there's a single "secret" to doing it. Someone else here could help me out with name of the member who has them..
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Angel Eyes

Reply #3
im pretty sure Cougar 2 Go is the only guy who has the halo's. im pretty sure i know how he did it but im just wondering what headlights he used for his cougar? what car make and brand and year?

Angel Eyes

Reply #4
Yes cougars2go is the member you are referring too, but just as I found out a few years ago, he has not shared his secret. If he had, you would most likely see them on 75% of the cougars on this site. All we know is that it was a very intense operation and looks freaking cool as hell.

Now tbird-x3 has just finished a projector conversion that you may be interested in. The thread is still fresh and depending on whether its been bumped or not when you see this its about two threads below this one.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Angel Eyes

Reply #5
the link to the thread please:D

Angel Eyes

Reply #6
I assume you are reffering to the yellowing of the headlights. Wet sanding with fine grit sand paper and following up with a good plastic polish is the fix. You may have to do trial and error on the polish, however, Eastwood company has a polish called Autosol that I have found to work well. I don't even think it is inteded for plastic, but it works. Funny, I have been looking at the thread below this one on the projector head lights, and thought to myself it would look better with two. Didn't see Cougars2go's headlight upgrade until this thread. I wish to do his upgrade in the future, but a little different. For now, I have other problems. I have automatic headlights that turn on when it gets dark. It works great, but it also has auto dimmers. The auto dimmers do not function correctly, and I would rather have my own control over dimming. I need to investigate on how to do away with auto dim function and possibly keep the automatic headlights.

Angel Eyes

Reply #7
Quote from: Long's88;381979

Don't know how to give a link, but you can find it under General 1983-1988 T-Bird and Cougar disscussion.  The name of the thread is "Need your opinion on headlight color".

Angel Eyes

Reply #9
no and no. Those are 1 piece units that replace all 3 lights on each side of the mustang's front end. Those are different to begin with from the bird, and the cougars lights are even more different. They would not fit at all.

Quote from: Long's88;381979
Seriously dude...
Quote from: sarjxxx;381973
Now tbird-x3 has just finished a projector conversion that you may be interested in. The thread is still fresh and depending on whether its been bumped or not when you see this its about two threads below this one.

but since you cant take 10 seconds to look: [thread]33121[/thread]
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Angel Eyes

Reply #10
Negative Ghostrider. If it were that simple, they would be all over this board already.

Mustangs, Tbirds, and Cougars all have different headlights from each other. IIRC the Continental used the same headlights as the Cougars...
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Angel Eyes

Reply #11
Quote from: Long's88;382079
just a questions.. would theses fit the t-bird?? if they fit the t-bird.. then they should be able to fit the cougar right? http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-one-pc-projector-headlights-87-93.html
Nice find! I like those. Would love to know if they would fit our cats and birds. If not, I would like to know what the fitment issues would be.

Angel Eyes

Reply #12
Quote from: Chrome;382085
Nice find! I like those. Would love to know if they would fit our cats and birds. If not, I would like to know what the fitment issues would be.

Apparently I type too slow.

Angel Eyes

Reply #13
if you look at Cougars pic of the front of his car.. you will notice that his headlights are a single piece.. and you know how the cougar headlights are pretty much boxy.. well if you look at cougar's pic closely.. all he did was cut 2 peace of sheet metal and just covered the top corners next to the grill.. now that is thinking..

gawd i love his car!

Angel Eyes

Reply #14
Anything is possible if you just believe! and i believe! hahaha