Skip to main content
Topic: need help identifying rare cat (Read 3078 times) previous topic - next topic

need help identifying rare cat

hey guys im new to this forum and need help.. i just picked up my 3rd 88 cougar after "finding it in a junk pile" the car has a ground effects kit on it that says BOSSCAT, the seats have SHELBY embroidered into the headrests, there is a shelby badge on the center console and a bosscat badge on the dash, the car has a turbo-charger that says shelby on it and it is a 5.0, i already have a nightcat limited edition but have never heard of this edition yet when i contacted the local ford,lincoln-merc dealer that sold it new they say it was indeed a very limited edition, has anyone else heard of a bosscat edition and where i can find out more about it.. the car is pearl white with dark blue leather interior

Reply #1
Well if it has a turbo someone added that after it left the factory. I can guaranty that it did not come out of the factory like that.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
i've never heard of such a beast.. i think i need to visit my friend google on this 1
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #3
Sounds awesome, we need pictures!
...and there was light!

Reply #4
Sounds like someone liked to throw roush and shelby on parts they changed out.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
There was never an '88 Cougar that had anything related to a Boss, Shelby, or any of the sort.

I'd say haystack nailed it dead-on.

I could glue an SVT badge on my trunklid....only fools, ricers, silly little girls, and f*cktards would believe it to be factory.

Look at the bright side, at least you saved a Fox from being mashed into a future Chinese-made copycat....bonus that it has gfx, and pressurized induction. ;)

PICS or ban lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #6
:ttiwwp:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #7
Pics please......
Mike

Reply #8
Something promotional for that region?

Reply #9
That's what I was thinking, maybe a dealer-built car. Probably never be a collector's item but still cool nonetheless...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I need to see this in person :D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #12
Quote from: ericcoolcats;381557
everyone!

M-i-c...

k-e-y

Reply #13
Thanks guys...now that noise will be running through my head the rest of the day...
 :rollin:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
;)
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;381563
Thanks guys...now that noise will be running through my head the rest of the day...
 :rollin:

Glad to have helped!