Skip to main content
Topic: (New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics) (Read 34766 times) previous topic - next topic

(New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics)

Reply #90
If you can make a video of how you made your headlights... then we wont bug you on making more for us:P

Reply #91
You really don't need a video from me. Everything that I have done has been done and posted online before, YouTube is an amazing source of information. Even with the videos the hard part is the learning curve that comes with vacuum forming. I easily wasted $150 in plastic to make my first set (was just part of the learning process :)), but by now I can usually get a really good lense on the first pull. There is some change I want to make to my mold before the next set. The fitment is nice but I want it a little better, I want to remove the extra 1/8" that the plastic causes.

I was pretty pumped to run them through all of that rain last night and not get any inside my lenses. I felt sure that they were sealed well, but it is always comforting to find out for sure!
...and there was light!

Reply #92
how thick was your sheets??

Reply #93
.08"
...and there was light!

Reply #94
woah.....that Cougar is freaking awesome!

Reply #95
Been thinking about prices and this is what I came up with.

$100 plus shipping for a set of lenses.

$400 and up plus shipping for a complete set depending on what exactly you want.

Does this sound fair? Let me know.

If you want to make your own I'll be glad to help however I can.
...and there was light!

Reply #97
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;383096
More pics of the lenses alone, I think.

I will be making some more this coming up Monday. When I do, I will get some good photos of them with an actual camera instead of just a phone! :D

If you decide to make your own I will be glad to provide any help that I can! :D
...and there was light!

Reply #98
Did you modify the original housings to fit the projectors or were they custom pieces?

Reply #99
The only housing modification was that I  drilled an 1/8" hole to run the solenoid wires through.
...and there was light!

Reply #100
StrokerBird, T-BirdX3's retrofit was with a projector that is made to bolt through the hole that's already in the reflector.  But others do require cutting of the reflector and custom fitting of the projectors, usually with bolts, or my personal favorite, 2 part epoxy.  If you're thinking of doing your own retro, you should use the Morimoto Mini D2S or the Morimoto Mini H1 kits available from TheRetrofitSource.com, It really is the most headache-free way to retrofit HID projector headlights, They have the highest quality parts available, and a retro like that is the only proper way to get HIDs if you didn't get them from the factory (you didn't).  Make sure to give T-BirdX3 a Benjamin for a set of those awesome lenses of his if you do.

Reply #101
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;383217
Make sure to give T-BirdX3 a Benjamin for a set of those awesome lenses of his if you do.

I know they are wicked looking. And the visibility is what I need working nights and living in the middle of nowhere IA

Reply #102
Considering how much time it would take to make my own lenses the same way you did, that's more than fair. Have you opened a thread in the marketplace yet and how soon can you have a set of lenses completed for me? I'm in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]      STEVE ;)

Reply #103
Quote from: StrokerBird;383220
I know they are wicked looking. And the visibility is what I need working nights and living in the middle of nowhere IA

Thanks! The light output is amazing, it completely puts the stock lights to shame. My wife and I do a lot of traveling and I was tired of not being able to see safely.

Quote from: Blackbird1;384307
Considering how much time it would take to make my own lenses the same way you did, that's more than fair. Have you opened a thread in the marketplace yet and how soon can you have a set of lenses completed for me? I'm in.

I am sorry for the late reply, life got busy and I must have missed the reply. I have not opened a thread in the marketplace, and I am not entirely sure that I will.

If you just want the clear lenses I can make those next week. If you use the clear lense you need to replace the factory style light bulb/reflector with something that focuses the beam on its own. Because with the factory design the lense is used to focus the beam onto the road.

I hope this makes sense? I just don't want you to think the clear lense is all that is needed to produce better lighting. If you have any questions I can PM you my phone number, it will be easier to explain over the phone, I think.

Quote from: StrokerBird;383220

Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;383096
More pics of the lenses alone, I think.

Sorry for the delay. The past couple of weeks has been a lot like a country song; tran went out of truck, car blew up, mom in the hospital, the only thing is my dog didn't die..... lol
...and there was light!

Reply #104
On another note, it makes my day when new goodies are waiting on my door step!

This one will have angel eyes....

These suckers are huge compared to the first set, that is my wife's face on the other side of the projector!
...and there was light!