Skip to main content
Topic: Finally found them! (Read 1887 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally found them!

After much search and time, I found the matching Tokico quads I was after.  I think they compliment my reg shocks well.  :D
Mike

Finally found them!

Reply #1
Looks nice and clean under there and matching pairs are always nice. Excuse my ignorance, is this a choice brand (Tokico)? I did the struts on my bone stock 87 LX over the weekend, it still had the original Motorcraft units, I just used the base Monroes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Finally found them!

Reply #2
They're right up there on the same level as Koni, Eibach, and such...think the '93 Cobra had them OEM....maybe it was the R version. Something sticks in my mind about some year of Cobra having them though..

Very nice..definitely drool-inducing lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Finally found them!

Reply #3
i'm guessing you can't buy them anymore? come to think of it.. does ANY decent company make quads for these cars anymore?
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Finally found them!

Reply #5
Alright, Ill fess up.  I found the correct paint color and had decals made and about 8 coats of wheel clearcoat.  Use standard motorcraft quads, low mileage I got from Vinnie. 

I thought they came out looking pretty good.
Mike

Finally found them!

Reply #6
I've always thought quad shocks were so cool.  My TC axle still has the brackets for them...I've never noticed but is the bracket that attaches the shock to the car on all 'birds and Cougars or is that a TC specific item as well?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Finally found them!

Reply #7
Mine had the threaded holes already on the frame.  Just bolt in the brackets and quads.
Mike

Finally found them!

Reply #9
Quote from: mcb82gt;381279
Alright, Ill fess up.  I found the correct paint color and had decals made and about 8 coats of wheel clearcoat.  Use standard motorcraft quads, low mileage I got from Vinnie. 

You are a bad, bad man.

Just kidding looks good!

Finally found them!

Reply #10
Quote from: mcb82gt;381279

They say Hell gets hot....lol

But still, you did a  nice job on it. :P
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Finally found them!

Reply #11
Quote from: Shadow;381250
i'm guessing you can't buy them anymore? come to think of it.. does ANY decent company make quads for these cars anymore?

You can still get quad shocks new.  Bilstein carries them as well as KYB.  I believe there are a couple of other companies as well.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Finally found them!

Reply #12
HEY !!! Don't be dragging me into your bootleg quad shock making activities. I don't want to be locked up with you as an accessory !!! LOL.LOL.

Quad shocks? I know nothing of any quad shocks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Finally found them!

Reply #13
.......But they do look great.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..