Skip to main content
Topic: New Power window motors (Read 1366 times) previous topic - next topic

New Power window motors

Can we still get new power window motors for these cars?  The reason I'm asking is simple.  I have spares of just about every other electrical component in the car.  I've never bothered to snag power window motors as I've never really ever seen them laying around as I have any of the other stuff and I've never had need for them.  I'd like to grab a set before I actually DO need them and I figure with the age of these cars; this is something I'd rather obtain new if I can....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

New Power window motors

Reply #1
NOS Ford ones pop up on eBay occasionally but as you can imagine, they are not cheap.
I have bought aftermarket power window motors from eBay, and from parts stores. Have had better luck with parts stores, to be honest. Plus you get a great warranty on a lot of them. Think I got mine from Advance Auto.

Otherwise I don't know of anyplace other than maybe Green Sales that may have Ford ones.

New Power window motors

Reply #2
Are there any of good repute on Ebay?

(I hardly ever look there any more, or I wouldn't have asked such an inane question ;) )

EDIT: Eric beat me to it! :bowdown: :rollin:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

New Power window motors

Reply #3
I got a bad new one from eBay...really I can't recommend buying from there. The reman one from Advance Auto came with a warranty, and if it was bad out of the box, it's as close as my local store for a return. Couldn't say the same for the eBay one.

For mechanical parts that are common to other Fords, to me, it makes more sense to hit the parts store. Unless you're restoring to 100% stock or for show, which is a different story.

New Power window motors

Reply #4
$60 at Advance Auto, I had to get one for my silver one, gears inside were shot. They carry a warranty, and the part I got felt just as good in my hand as the old one. Been using it for a year and it still sounds great and works like the good original ones in my red car.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

New Power window motors

Reply #6
Quote from: jcassity;381784
maybe these guys also do window motors,, from my diy link

Door Lock actuator source you posted a while back?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-21842K/79-93-Ford-Mustang-Door-Lock-Actuator-Kit

yes they do.  they sell a master kit for the actuators and window motors that has everything.  one kit does both doors.  $259.99  part number is  LRS-23394AK  they are for fox stangs but should work in birds and cougars too.