Skip to main content
Topic: Standalone engine management and a free dyno tune? (Read 2923 times) previous topic - next topic

Standalone engine management and a free dyno tune?

Discounted MegaSquirt and free dyno tuning if you have a car they want to use:

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/test_cars_wanted.html

I kinda wish I had a turbo coupe right now.  :(

Someone on here must be close by.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #1
Where are they located?
...and there was light!

Reply #2
It says they're in Suwanee Georgia. Judging by the target list of cars, they've been paying close attention to Stingers new Pimp, and the crazy long waiting list people are on. I have no idea if the on-board options are comparable between the two, but if they are, I see trouble for the Pimp.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #3
Quote from: jangus;381000
It says they're in Suwanee Georgia. Judging by the target list of cars, they've been paying close attention to Stingers new Pimp, and the crazy long waiting list people are on. I have no idea if the on-board options are comparable between the two, but if they are, I see trouble for the Pimp.

i see trouble for stinger and their PIMP because it's hard for them to meet the demands of their customers.. MS makes some top notch stuff, so i think it's almost safe to say their waiting list is going to dwindle considerably
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
I was sufficiently impressed with their feature list that I bought a MSNS, but it probably won't get installed until this summer.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #5
wish i was closer to them.. i'd be up for a free dynotune with a discounted MSpnp.. they should move up to delaware, just so i can do so :(
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #6
I just emailed these guys for more info. I'm just on the other side of ATL from them. I've got an '87 TC. Can anyone break this down for me? I get lost in the forum acronyms often and do my best to decipher. Thanks
-Shady

Reply #7
The last I talked to them, they had no ford TFI options,, that was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time ago!

Reply #8
Apparently they are looking for 4 eyed birds. Said mine was a year too late. They have done some work with the aero birds though. PiMP looks to be a bit cheaper than MSPNP
-Shady

Reply #9
Build you own kit...

It's not THAT hard. The MegaSquirt in the '83 was my first ever electronics project of this magnitude. Built it up probably 8-9 years ago now.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #10
From what i understand the PIMP plugs right in to the stock ford 60 pin connector. And is a simple thing to install and program. But i have never worked on one. Megasquirt is a very good option and we have done a few of them. Just saying.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #11
The PIMP is, at its core, a MegaSquirt.

PnP is nice, but all people have to do is RTFM, and you can build what you need.

Reply #12
well, I have the ms3x on my LX hatch, and I have a ms1 v3.0 for my bird and Im going to do the MS2 upgrade on it, but MS is pretty easy to get on the car in its regular form with an adapter board. but the PnP would be a bit easier to package in the kick panel area, with the adapter board that you put in the OEM case I usually put the MS2/3 box under the passenger seat and put the adapter board in the factory spot.

I tune several cars locally that are boosted in one way or another, range in power from 400 to 1200+, one has a FAST Xfi on it,but its just a more detailed version of MS so to say.

I just built 3 last month, put them on and got them a base tune to work off of and they are good, waiting on the last one is getting the car together.......

if I can help anyone out just yell at me......will be glad to help out!!

Reply #13
Does the pimp in fact have the stock 60 pin plug Chuck making it easier to install. I figured it was a commercial available unit in a ford ecm style hosing. Like i said i have never had contact with one but that is what i was told. Have a great day guys
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #14
Quote from: TOM Renzo;438415
Does the pimp in fact have the stock 60 pin plug Chuck making it easier to install. I figured it was a commercial available unit in a ford ecm style hosing.

Yes, it's a "Plug n Play" set-up. Might be based on the MicroSquirt architecture, but still the same in the end. At this point, a lot of the harnesses in the 2.3T cars are shot anyway, or questionable in some fashion, so why not build a new one?

Nothing against the PIMP set-up, just that the education from building your own is worth the effort, IMO.