Skip to main content
Topic: an interesting tidbit of info.. (Read 2432 times) previous topic - next topic

an interesting tidbit of info..

bad news for me, as the  practically keeps me alive.. buuuuuut..

excedrin has been pulled from store shelves, due to a major mixup with prescription meds.. apparently they were getting mixed together somehow and the prescription meds wound up in the excedrin bottles..

for people like me, this is ultra-devistating news, as their migraine and back and body pills are the ONLY things that seem to work, INCLUDING prescription meds (refuse to take any narcotic related meds).. from my understanding, they won't be reaching store shelves anytime soon..

so if i disappear, you'll know it's because i've basically become a vegetable.. i know it's not funny to say that, but it's partially true.. most mornings i have to fight with all my will and strength to get out of bed

but to the root of why i'm really posting this.. what is the world coming to, when we can't even depend on pharmaceutical companies to keep their sh*t in order? good god, if this is the direction we're headed in.. what's next?!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #1
I doubt you will be completely unable to find it. Sucks for you if you can't. It's the only thing that knocks down my headaches when I do get them. I'll be hording mine. JK
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #2
Bleh!
Hope this gets cleared up soon, Excedrin works better than the prescription "Immitrex" they were giving me for Migraines.
Thanks for the heads up.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
same here! my doctor put me on a 3 week trial with immatrex a couple years ago and it didn't do squat..

i asked the pharmacist at cvs where it was, because they even took the pricing off the shelves, so i thought they moved it.. she's the 1 that told me it was taken off the shelves.. i said something to my friend jess, who's the shift manager and she told me it won't be back anytime soon..

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
Immatrex bad, made my head feel like fire. Fiocert is amazing but gives killer rebound headaches the next day (contains barbitutes)

All and all when I get a migrain the only thing I can do is sleep it off, luckily I only get them 1 maybe 2 a year.

SIDE NOTE: they pulled a bunch of birth control as the hormone in it wasn't sufficient to prevent pregenancy. Which would be an unpleasant surprise.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #5
Quote from: Shadow;380845
same here! my doctor put me on a 3 week trial with immatrex a couple years ago and it didn't do squat..

i asked the pharmacist at cvs where it was, because they even took the pricing off the shelves, so i thought they moved it.. she's the 1 that told me it was taken off the shelves.. i said something to my friend jess, who's the shift manager and she told me it won't be back anytime soon..

"
The Swiss drug maker has recalled bottles of Excedrin, Bufferin, Gas-X and NoDoz which may have included mixed up pills.
                                                                                                                                     Now the FDA says some of  those over-the-counter pills may have accidentally been packaged with  powerful prescription painkillers made at the same facility.
                                                                                                                                     FDA officials say they  are not recalling the drugs because they are medically necessary and the  likelihood that they contain stray pills is low, however Novartis said  it has voluntarily suspended operations and shipments from its Lincoln,  Nebraska, facility to rectify the problems at the site"

LOL, Probably why it worked to begin with. Obviously I don't believe that but if it were true when it came back into production it would likely suck like everything else. I always assumed it worked well because it has caffeine in it.

~John~

Reply #6
Quote from: Soul;380855
SIDE NOTE: they pulled a bunch of birth control as the hormone in it wasn't sufficient to prevent pregenancy. Which would be an unpleasant surprise.

that'd be enough to make me super pissed.. i believe that man and woman were put on earth to reproduce, but it's not my cup of tea.. i enjoy the freedom of being free, with nothing to hold me back.. except the law and money.. LOL

Quote from: shame302;380857
"
The Swiss drug maker has recalled bottles of Excedrin, Bufferin, Gas-X and NoDoz which may have included mixed up pills.
                                                                                                                                     Now the FDA says some of  those over-the-counter pills may have accidentally been packaged with  powerful prescription painkillers made at the same facility.
                                                                                                                                     FDA officials say they  are not recalling the drugs because they are medically necessary and the  likelihood that they contain stray pills is low, however Novartis said  it has voluntarily suspended operations and shipments from its Lincoln,  Nebraska, facility to rectify the problems at the site"

LOL, Probably why it worked to begin with.

doubtful, as i've been taking excedrin migraine and back and body for years now.. i'll be pissed if they re-release it and it doesn't help

i believe that's the same article i read when i googled it.. i'm a bit pissed that they didn't announce any kind of expected time frame for it's return to store shelves

Reply #7
Should probably take this time to find a better way to deal with your issues. It's not healthy to be on meds like that constantly.

~John~

Reply #8
tried.. doctor even tried getting to the route of the problem.. he had me quit smoking for a week to see if it subsided them, no luck.. drank nothing but water for a week, no luck.. changed my diet for 2 weeks, no luck, except in REALLY g me off lol.. as for the back pain, it's a slipped disk in my lower back.. probably from my bang bang crash em up rookie year in the micros, riding trails and racing bmx since i was 11 or 12.. wouldn't surprise me if my bike is the cause, as it's also cost me thousands of dollars in medical bills and loss of time/money with the shop.. can't give it up though, i love my bike and the adrenaline rush of blasting off the starting gate or flying over a nice, smooth 6 pack out in the woods.. helps me escape the real world for a little while

Reply #9
Well, I'd have to say it's not looking good for you then kid.

~John~

Reply #10
i know.. wheelchair bound by 30, dead by 40.. 45 if i'm lucky lol

Reply #11
Did a little shopping at wal mart after work tonight....plenty of excedrin there, and even generic brand.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #12
guess who's making a 6am trip to walmart.. lol

Reply #13
Did they have it at your store?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
don't know.. i went back to bed lol.. going out later to get 2 new tires put on my cobra r's, so i'll check when i'm down that way