Skip to main content
Topic: Reproduction interior pieces (Read 2774 times) previous topic - next topic

Reproduction interior pieces

Does anyone make new door panels or the top part of the dash or any interior replacements? My dash is , both of my armrests are off of the door panels.I am removing the rear seats due a roll cage, but would like to have a stock looking front cabin if possible. I will most likely do away with my digital dash readout because I will install mechanical gauges. But the dash is bad on top. I also need that rubber weatherstrip around the rear window. Im sure there is more to replace. TMI handles all the fox mustangs with interior stuff, but no tbirds.
1988 Thunderbird LX  557/C6 project. UPR tube K-member, A-Arms, Strange 10 way adjustable coilovers. SN-95 spindle,brakes. Manual rack, bump steer kit.  MM castor/camber plates, Dynatech 2 1/8 swap headers. Quick 9" 35 spline Moser axles,CHE lower c arms,

Reply #1
This is about all you will find for the dash....aside from finding a mint dash (good luck with that).....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunderbird-Dash-Cap-85-86-87-88-/380296877442?fits=Model:Thunderbird&hash=item588b75d582&item=380296877442&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

As far the rear window trim, it too is super hard to find. Every once in a while one will show up on Ebay, not cheap. Parts for these cars are getting super hard to find. No repro parts for the interior are out there that I have ever seen. You have to be patient, and also hone in on your treasure hunting skills. You'll need them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
I need a dashcap too and headliner.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #3
Quote from: vinnietbird;379331
This is about all you will find for the dash....aside from finding a mint dash (good luck with that).....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunderbird-Dash-Cap-85-86-87-88-/380296877442?fits=Model:Thunderbird&hash=item588b75d582&item=380296877442&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

As far the rear window trim, it too is super hard to find. Every once in a while one will show up on Ebay, not cheap. Parts for these cars are getting super hard to find. No repro parts for the interior are out there that I have ever seen. You have to be patient, and also hone in on your treasure hunting skills. You'll need them.

I am quite the ebayer!! I saw those covers, I would hate to do that. I'll come up with something to do with the dash.
1988 Thunderbird LX  557/C6 project. UPR tube K-member, A-Arms, Strange 10 way adjustable coilovers. SN-95 spindle,brakes. Manual rack, bump steer kit.  MM castor/camber plates, Dynatech 2 1/8 swap headers. Quick 9" 35 spline Moser axles,CHE lower c arms,

Reply #4
The caps actually look good when they're applied right, the dyed to match.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I have that cap on mine. I would recommend it.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #6
headliner can be done at an upholstery shop, Bruce.  I had an 88 Monte Carlo with the ever popular headliner sag, all I had to do was remove the old one, carefully, making sure not to damage the mold the cloth is adhesed to.  Tote it on down to a good upholstery shop thats been in the business for awhile, pick out your matching cloth and they hooked me up for about $100.  Looked great, I am sure the Ford headliners are the same way.

Reply #7
That what I planned on doing. My wife I bugging me pretty bad to get it done.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #8
I have one of the caps from I believe dashtops.com.  It takes a little time to trim it right and get it fitting good but once you do it looks great.  A lot better than a cracked-to-hell original dash!  The grain in the plastic is a tad different but unless you have a very keen eye (and most people don't when it comes to our cars) you would never know it wasn't original.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #9
Quote from: 50tbrd88;379355
I have one of the caps from I believe dashtops.com.  It takes a little time to trim it right and get it fitting good but once you do it looks great.  A lot better than a cracked-to-hell original dash!  The grain in the plastic is a tad different but unless you have a very keen eye (and most people don't when it comes to our cars) you would never know it wasn't original.

+1

Reply #10
I went to Dashtops.com but it doesn't give installation instructions. Do the tops glue on? Do you trim them to fit? Does anyone have pics of one of these installed on their car?

Reply #12
Quote from: Gdub;379359
I went to Dashtops.com but it doesn't give installation instructions. Do the tops glue on? Do you trim them to fit? Does anyone have pics of one of these installed on their car?

Yep they need to be trimed to fit. The tops come with glue as well.

88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #14
Here is mine.  I ended up not putting enough glue in one spot in the dash (in between the tach and guages up top) and it got a air pocket in it.  Other than that it turned out pretty good.  Just take your time and it will look fine.

For the record I did not dye mine.  I had planned to but I though it matched close enough to work.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube