Skip to main content
Topic: Catalytic converters (Read 998 times) previous topic - next topic

Catalytic converters

My 1987 Mercury Cougar LS 3.8L V6 TBI has been giving me some trouble lately and I just found out that I needed to replace the catalytic converters on my car. From my understanding, my car has 2 catalytic converters on it. Since i live in California I know I have to get ones that are legal for california. I was wondering if anybody could give me a link as to where I could get the catalytic converters for my car? I was looking online today and some of them were labeled REAR catalytic converter and some were not, so I just want to make sure I get the correct ones.

Catalytic converters

Reply #1
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200680037267&cmd=VIDESC&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=95968363798
They say you can call the number on the page to verify fitment.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Catalytic converters

Reply #3
That one is a universal so it will require additional piping and welding. Not a big deal if you have the means, but direct fit is easier if you dont want to deal with fabbing exhaust parts.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.