Skip to main content
Topic: A Lil' Love For Us (Read 4484 times) previous topic - next topic

A Lil' Love For Us

Reply #45
Speakin of Barrett-Jackson, did anyone notice the cougar driving the VW bug in the Hagerty Ins commercials???

A Lil' Love For Us

Reply #46
"I still cannot help but think that, had we been given even a mid-HO 200hp motor, that we'd have joined everyone's elite list of most desirable cars from the 1980s.
Everyone loves the look of our cars, everyone remembers them fondly, but nobody remembers them for their power or being fast right out of the factory.
Another 50hp or so would have changed that perception."

Agreed.  But urban legend has it that Ford wouldn't allow these cars to perform as good (or maybe even better) than the all-mighty mustang. The Mark VIIs probably only snuck out of the factory with the HO because it was too heavy with all its Lincoln "stuff" to out-perform a mustang.  Wouldn't it have been cool to have had a choice of several V8's 60's/70's style?

A Lil' Love For Us

Reply #47
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;378550
Speakin of Barrett-Jackson, did anyone notice the cougar driving the VW bug in the Hagerty Ins commercials???

Guess I missed it. 

I was checkin out that little gal they had hanging out with Justin Bell.  I think she was a model from one of those men's magazine and was most definately a mega hottie.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube